I mean, he explains life perfectly.
Instead of saying yes, I often reply "yesh." Jan may hate it and so do most parents, but once you start it's truly hard to forget that there isn't actually an h in the word yes.
2. "Welcome back, jerky jerk face"
This works for your friends or frenemies. Jerky jerk face is just such a burn.
3. "I declare BANKRUPTCY!!"Giphy
He didn't just say it, he declared it.
4. "Well, well, well, how the turntables."
If you're like me, you don't like to cuss. Neither does Michael Scott. So as not to take the Lord's name in vain and use a bad word, he just says GD.
6. "No! God please, NO."
This is apart of everyone's lingo even if they don't realize it's from The Office.
7. "Can't think... Need more Mullins."
Why focus on the stresses of life or heartache when you can just turn up a little Mullins? Michael is listening to "Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins after learning the branch may be closing. Even if you don't listen to this artist, you probably have one that you turn up when you just can't think.
8. "I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on this mug all day."
Michael banging on his World's Best Boss mug and singing this little tune is all of us at work.
9. "These people are my FRIENDS."
10. "You know what they say... fool me once, strike one. But fool me twice... strike three."
Seriously, do not fool me once or three times. Because the strikes will be stacked against you.
11. "Should've burned this place down when I had the chance"
This was my quote all of high school.
12. "Tell him to call me back ASAP as possible"
I'm not sure why, but it's honestly hard not to say "asap as possible." I know the AP of ASAP stands for that, but it just sounds more official to add "as possible" after ASAP. Michael was onto something.
13. "I am dead inside."
We feel you Michael.
14. "Do you think doing alcohol is cool?"
When you're bored at home and see people all over snap posting pics of what they're drinking this line is a go-to to utter. Seriously, why do we all feel the need to post a picture of our Margs? (I'm guilty though so no real shame)
15. "That's what she said."
Even if there's no time, That's What She Said is an iconic and classic Michael line. Much like "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take", he may not have originated the phrase, but he sure did make it popular. Try as you might but it's almost impossible not to use this in daily conversations.