11 Signs You know You're from Columbus, OH

It's the capital of Ohio for a reason.

536

I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. Columbus is well-known and unites all of its suburban life. I enjoy all of the perks and activities here, and I'm glad to call it home. There are five words that come to my mind when I think of Columbus: spirited, adventure, unique, diversity, and possibility. There are always a wide range of different things to do in this city, and it's a great community to be a part of.

1. You're probably a die-hard Buckeye fan.

Even if you don't go to Ohio State, your family and friends always get together to watch the games, and you celebrate all Buckeye games. You're a nut, for the best damn team of Ohio, and you're proud of it. Scarlet and gray forever!

2. You look forward to the Doughnut burger and Butter cow every summer.

The Ohio State Fair is definitely a go-to for the most interesting sights and activities. Deep fried twinkies are one of your favorite treats to get as well.

3. Anywhere you go in the city, you can yell "O-H", and hear back "I-O".

As die-hard buckeye fans, everyone has the buckeye spirit wherever you go.

4. You love the Short North.

All of those little shops, bars, GALLERY HOPS, and restaurants are fun to explore. Also, you've gotten to see the fantastic, random murals that are spread throughout downtown.

5. More than half of your high school classmates ended up attending OSU.

To some, Ohio State is the perfect distance from home, because you only live a short 15 minutes from there. To others, it's way too close to home. Either way, the majority of your friends from high school goes to OSU.

6. Raising Cane's is one of your faves.

Raising Cane's has the delicious tangy sauce that you know and love, complete with fries, THE toast, and the amazing chicken fingers. It's the fattest, most tasty meal you're always craving. Besides that, Chick Fil-A is also a favorite.

7. You're a lover of the Columbus Blue Jackets & Columbus Crew.

Columbus has two pro sports, and three if you count the OSU buckeyes. Face it, we basically consider the Buckeyes as a professional sports team. We all enjoy going to these games and cheering on our beloved teams.

8. You have a love/hate relationship with Ohio weather.

You hate the snow, but you love it. The weather changes all the time, and one day you might find that it's 70 degrees and sunny, while the next day is a crazy blizzard. You could experience all four seasons in one day.

9. No other city can tailgate like we do.

We take it very serious here. This can include playing corn-hole, grilling burgers and hot dogs, and beer mixers. In Columbus, tailgating is actually a second-nature to everyone. It's a profession.

10. Red, White & Boom is always a tradition.

Red, White and Boom has the most amazing display of fireworks, and you never want to miss out on it.

11. Sometimes you have to clarify that you're from Columbus, OHIO.

We do not live in Columbus, Georgia.

We're proud to be from Columbus because there are always plenty of things to do. It's a big city, and is the capital of Ohio for a reason. I'm proud to be a part of this amazing city, and everyone else should be too. It's full of outstanding sights and people. For all of these reasons and more, Columbus is one of the best cities to see and enjoy.