7 Ways To Make The Most Of Your 2020 Summer If You Live In Miami, FL

"Sometimes, I like to close my eyes and imagine what it'll be like when summer does come." - Olaf, Frozen

52

Though a lot of our big summer plans have most likely been set aside or put on pause due to COVID-19, there's still a lot of fun to be had while social distancing and whatnot. It may not sound as exciting as a wild summer with partying and beach days, but there is fun in everything if you look for it hard enough.

1. Watch the sunset on the beach.

https://unsplash.com/photos/-IMlv9Jlb24

You can't have groups of more than 10 people, but with a small group of friends, or even family, you can go to the beach from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and have some fun. I recommend going during the sunset because you can definitely get some prime golden hour pics.

2. Go Randonauting.

https://unsplash.com/photos/8e2gal_GIE8

The app "Randonautica" has gained a lot of popularity recently on TikTok. The app was made to encourage users to explore their area by giving them random coordinates. I've done this a couple times with my sister, and sometimes it's complete dead ends, but sometimes you find some really cool stuff.

3. Drive down to the Keys and eat at Jimmy Johnson's Big Chill.

https://unsplash.com/photos/Aou9g0M16xY

This place is literally so fun and it's a great place to go to for a little daytime getaway. The food is great and it's right on the water. Definitely a family friendly place and they usually have live music, but I don't know if they're still doing that as of now. Still, I highly recommend. You can also watch the sunset here, FYI.

4. Go brighten your day with some sunflowers at Burr's Berry Farm.

https://unsplash.com/photos/5US9_Gep0qY

Burr's Burry Farm has a huuuuge sunflower field and great smoothies! They also have a cute little farm area and it's a great little day activity to do with family or friends, and again, great photo op. It's also a great way to connect yourself with nature again after staying in for so long!

5. Take a trip to Universal Orlando!

https://unsplash.com/photos/7LNzso56Q0k

I totally recommend this! You do have to wear a mask in the parks, but Universal is doing a great job at keeping everyone distanced and clean. I just went this past weekend and it was really fun. Because there's not a lot of people in the parks, wait times are so low. You basically just walk through every line. I was able to go on rides I could never go on before, because the wait times were so long. I would recommend going to Disney, but they process of making a reservation is very exclusive right now while as Universal, you can buy a ticket the day before and you'll have no problem. Just make sure you get there before the park hits full capacity.