A Message To Black Friday Shoppers

A Message To Black Friday Shoppers

Do not lie, you know who you are.

39
A Message To Black Friday Shoppers
Today News

To my fellow Black Friday shoppers,

I know it is exciting to go Black Friday shopping, of course with all the hype, the excitement, and the rush of being up in wee hours of the morning trying to score the best deal you can. There are people who line up and wait with coupons, their phone and a strong will, ready to go when those doors open. Then there are the people who may not understand the hype, opting to stay home, enjoy the company at home and celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Wherever you are on the spectrum, that is okay! It is exciting with the holiday season approaching, buying gifts for friends and family and spending times with the people you love.

But this does not mean we need to completely loose all sense of right and wrong because we have been waiting in a line for four hours on a holiday to buy a TV. No sir.

As each crazy Black Friday passes, it seems that the day gets more and more competitive between shoppers and even the stores that have these door buster deals. Stores choosing to open on Thanksgiving rather than Friday, people gearing up all November to partake in this event, absolute madness. As someone who works in retail, it is very evident how much of big deal this day is for obviously sales and customer satisfaction.

We want to make you guys have a happy holiday season we do! But you got to work with us.

So have fun this holiday season! But I just want to say, as you are shopping there are just a few things to remember if you choose to embark on this shopping extravaganza. Because there is no reason at all to lose your sense of humanity over a TV am I right?

It is not the end of the world.

If you do not get that plasma screen you wanted. It is okay. If you did not get that one toy that was on sale for $10 less. It. Is. Okay. You can go shopping all December, you do have the time to get what you would like, but fighting over an item in the middle of a store? Why? You may not care what others may think, that is completely cool, but we are all people and we do not need to go back to survival instincts over a video game. It is the 21st century people, order it.

A smile and a "thank you" goes a long way.

These past Black Friday the time of sales keeps getting pushed earlier and earlier to now the sales are beginning on Thanksgiving day. Seems bizarre, for some shoppers they enjoy a good meal and head off to shop, everybody has different plans. But coming from a customer service employee, I have to leave behind my festivities to go to work due to the raving deals and high demand of customers. So when you see that employee in the middle of two customers going for the same item, or a cashier wishing you well, a smile and a thank you is nothing too major. They are there to do their job and help you out, so let them know how much you appreciate it. I'm telling you, it is not hard AT ALL to make someone's day. It's the holidays, spread some cheer!

Don't forget what really matters.

This Walmart commercial nails it on the head with what Thanksgiving is about. So if you are stressing about what deals you may be getting Thanksgiving or the next day, or whether or not you will be first in line remember what the holiday season is about. Give thanks to the ones you love, or give back to others. You will have to time to shop, do not fear.

Whether you are for or against Black Friday and the madness that goes along with it, that is your choice. Just remember to give thanks, and love whoever and whatever is around you.

Before you click away, enjoy some Black Friday memes. Cheers!