Abuse Is Abuse

Abuse Is Abuse

And there is nothing that can be said or done to change that.

201
Abuse Is Abuse
https://psychicelements.com

Physical abuse. Mental abuse. Verbal abuse.

It is all the same.

There are so many people in relationships who are being abused, and they don't even know it. One of the most flawed aspects of society today is the thought that there is only one kind of abuse that can exist in a relationship, which is typically physical abuse. This is a stigma that needs be proven wrong. Men and women in abusive relationships should know when they are being abused, so they can find the strength to leave.

If mental and verbal abuse are going to be discussed, it is only right to define what the two terms exactly are. According to healthyplace.com, mental abuse, sometimes known as emotional abuse can be defined as, "any act including confinement, isolation, verbal assault, humiliation, intimidation, infantilization, or any other treatment which may diminish the sense of identity, dignity, and self-worth." Prevention-violence.com's definition of verbal abuse is "the excessive use of language to undermine someone's dignity and security through insults or humiliation, in a sudden or repeated manner."

Mental and verbal abuse can be just as toxic as physical abuse. If your partner constantly calls you names, puts you down for doing something they don't approve of, or belittles you in any way possible, you are being abused both mentally and verbally. There is absolutely no excuse to be treated like this. People who truly love you do not abuse you in any way, shape, or form. And that is going to be the number one excuse for doing so, that they "love" you. No. Absolutely not. People who are mentally and verbally abusive confuse the word "love" with the action of "control". If you are old enough to be in a serious, committed relationship, you do not need to be controlled by anyone.

It is easier said than done, but if you are in a relationship like this, you need to get out. You will slowly but surely be broken down until you feel like absolutely nothing. There is not a single person who isn't strong enough to realize their self-worth, and that includes you. I know firsthand how hard it can be to even admit to yourself that you are being abused in any way, but it is something that needs to be done. You need to ask yourself, am I happy? Also, do yourself a favor and do not confuse happiness with love. You could love someone, and feel like you cannot live without them, but they are still fatal to your health. If you are in a relationship like this please put your well being first, before it is too late.