9 Things Men Need To Know Before Dating My Mom

My mom deserves the world, but not everyone is worthy of her.

51
Kelsie Williams

My mom is an amazing person, friend, and mother. She has lived a great life so far, but she has not had good luck with love. She married two not-so-great men, one was my father. That has not stopped her from dating and looking for the love she deserves. Here are things you need to know if you decide to date my mom.

1. I am very overprotective of her.

I realize the struggles of dating today. You have to realize that when you date my mom, you will date her children. This means you do not only have to impress her, my siblings, her dad, but the hardest one to impress is myself.

2. She does not have baggage.

She is a mother. She has three amazing kids. She is a grandmother, a sister, an aunt, a daughter, a college student, and many other things. She many great stories and memories of many people. She has people in her life that makes her happy.

3. I do not care that she is grown.

Heartbreak hurts the same at any age, so do not hurt my mom. She is my world, and I will protect her heart with my life.

4. Do not make her feel like she isn't enough.

She has been through more obstacles than the average person, but I promise she is enough for any man.

5. She is a diamond, so treat her like one.

Be gentle with her. Be kind to her. Pull out her chair for her and open doors for her. Treat her like you would want your daughter to be treated.

6. She knows her worth.

She will not put up with less than she deserves.

7. She is my Wonder Woman.

She has gone back to college as well as being a great mother. She is about to start working again. If she tries to fit in time for you, then realize how much you mean to her.

8. She is worth it, even though she has her flaws.

She is stubborn, confusing, and mysterious. Don't let that blind you because she is also kind, warm-hearted, and sweet.

9. She is a mom first.

She is not your girlfriend first. She is not a booty call first. She is not a student or an employer first.