Men are trash? Think again.

If you're someone who has ever said that "Men are trash" or anything along those lines...

Listen up.

Think about who you're referring to.

Is it the men who you've encountered that treat you like or make you feel like sh*t? Is it all your exes who have cheated on you? Is it those who act nice to you to get something else out of you? Or is it your guy friends?

Whoever it is, the men who you say are "trash" describe just a subset of the men who exist. You don't know every man who exists in the world. Try to cut the generalization of men being trash when you don't know them all. Most of you reading this probably have never met me or don't know much about me, so even if you thought of me as "trash", I probably would try to not make anything of it and carry on with my life.

P.S. If your guy friends were trash, then they wouldn't be your friends.

If, in the back of your mind, you are thinking "All men are trash" when you say "Men are trash", then you need to think about what you mean.

P.P.S. If you say men are trash with the thought of "All men are trash" in mind, then you're saying that your dad is trash. You're saying that your brother is trash. You're saying that your male relatives are trash. I know most of you don't really feel that way about your relatives and family members. But...

Nevertheless, it's important for you to realize that if you feel that men are trash, you need to think about who you're referring to. When you say "Men are trash", you're only referring to those who you've encountered that make you feel that way. Be honest about that. However, if that happens to include anyone close to you, then you have every right to walk away from them.

It's the men who you've encountered that treat you like or make you feel like sh*t who are the ones that make you think "Men are trash". That includes the ones who have cheated on you, as well as the ones who just want to get something from you. If, in your eyes, I am one of those, then I'll just take the blame for you feeling that way and walk away to cut the toxicity out of your life.

I want you to know that if you ever feel this way about any or all of the men in your life, DO talk to a trusted individual about it. Make sure you and your support system all understand that these men are NOT worthy of being in your life anymore and you have every right to be separated from them. You have every right to move on and be free from them. You can think that the men who have hurt you are the ones who are trash and that the ones who want to support you are not trash. You can then cut the mentality that "Men are trash" and appreciate the ones who want to care for you and protect you, because by separating yourself from the men who have hurt you, you've cut the trash out of your life.