It Really Is All About the Little Things, Advice From My Memory Box
Lifestyles

Digging Through My Memory Box Reminded Me It Really Is All About The Little Things

What can you find in your memory box?

30

I keep a box in my room filled with notes, letters, cards, pictures, and memoirs from my life. Since it was getting full, I decided to look through it before I put it away. I came across a card from my parents from a few years ago with some really great advice that made me sit back and reflect on my life.

I wanted to give that advice with my own reflections on each piece.

1. Trust Your Instincts

If the little voice in your head is telling you something is not right or does not feel right, chances are you probably should not or should not be doing whatever it is. Don't ignore your gut feeling.

2. Remember Your Manners

Manners can go a long way, Simple manners and politeness can speak volumes about you and your character, morals, and values. Being nice is free and does not cost a thing. I can not tell you how many times people have been shocked just by saying yes/no ma'am/sir or please and thank you.

3. Never Let Possessions "Own" You

Possessions are just things. Cherish your relationships with friends and family over material things.

4. Nurture Your Friendships

Friendships require effort and work. You can not recreate an old friend. Friendships are great to have and can be life-long when nurtured. Everyone needs a little TLC.

5. Keep Your Hands Clean

You can take this to be literal or figurative. Meaning, keep clean and stay healthy, but try to avoid things that will cause you to hurt and regret later in life. Do what is best for you.

6. Believe In Yourself

You are created to be uniquely you. You are special, and no one else can be you.

7. Be Grateful

Live in the present. The past can't be changed and tomorrow will come. Enjoy every moment in life and stop stressing or pushing things off. Love the life you live, and live the life you love, starting today.

8. Treat Others the Way You Want To Be Treated

This is self-explanatory and has been explained to us since we were children, but if you would not want to be treated a certain way, do not treat someone like that, regardless of the situation or circumstances. Be kind and treat no one less than how you would want to be treated. It does not matter who is more this or that.

9. Always Keep Playing

Silly is good, even as an adult. Be a kid at heart. Keep playing and having fun. You are never too old.

10. No Matter What You Will Always Be Loved

Know that you are never alone and are always loved. You may not always see it, but you are.