7 Movie Quotes That Stuck With Me

7 Movie Quotes That Stuck With Me

These are quotes to live by

32

There are many quotes that stick out to us or just became wildly popular. Some of them stick with us because they are funny, iconic or teach a lesson. These are seven movie quotes that have stuck with me and have taught me something.

1. "You have all the weapons you need; Now fight" (Sucker Punch)

Picsart

This movie has one of the best endings because of the ending dialogue and it ends with this last quote. The ending is explaining that everything lies in your hands, as in you are the only one who can help yourself out of a rut and you are in control of your own life. It's saying all of the weapons is in your hands, so fight for your life.

2. "We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster" (Call Me By Your Name)

Tumblr

This is also an amazing dialogue moment when Elio's father is talking to Elio about the heartbreak of Oliver leaving. He is saying that sometimes we hate feeling pain so that makes us want to metaphorically "rip" out our hearts in order to feel nothing. He then goes on saying "but to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything... what a waste." Don't shut yourself down once you feel pain or else you won't feel the joy of the memories.

3. "My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage" (Practical Magic)

Practical Magic is an underrated witch movie that teaches a lot in it. One of the Aunts says this to Sally when she is desparate to be normal. It's teaching that it takes courage to be yourself and it takes a coward to pretend to be somebody your not. Essentially, it's saying be yourself and who cares if its considered "normal" because normal is overrated.

4. "We accept the love we think we deserve" (Perks of Being a Wallflower)

OnTheScreenReviews

In this movie Charlie asks his teacher why do people pick bad people to date and his answer is "we accept the love we think we deserve" and Charlie asks if we can make them know they deserve better and the teacher just says "we can try." This whole moment is very relatable because often times we pick the wrong people because we don't love ourselves enough to pick someone that treats us the way we deserve. It teaches us to value ourselves more and not stay with people who don't treat us right.

5. "We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like" (Fight Club)

Primogif

This movie has a lot of psychological things going on but it also sometimes makes sense because it is talking about this society we live in where we work ourselves to the bone, to make money. I also like the part where they say "working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need" (in the photo). It really makes you think what is worth it and what is not. We shouldn't stress ourselves out to get the latest things so we can fit in with people we don't even talk to.

6. "You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are" (Alice in Wonderland)

Tumblr

In the beginning Alice's father tells her this and then later on Alice says the same thing to the Mad Hatter. I always liked this quote ever since I heard it just because people get called crazy for almost no reason at all sometimes and so saying "all the best people are", makes being called crazy or mad not that much of an insult anymore. It was a cute moment in the movie and the quote just fits in with both the movie and reality.

7. "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all" (The Breakfast Club)

Wifflegif

The Breakfast Club is an iconic movie that is filled with good quotes but this one would have to be my favorite because it explains the movie plot pretty well. All of these students in the detention are all completely different but in a way the same. They all have something they are dealing with and are all "bizarre" in their own way. In a way it teaches you to never judge a book by its cover.

These quotes all teach something that works well with each other. It all teaches you to be yourself, stay strong and that it is okay to fall; just get yourself back up. You are stronger than you think, even if you don't feel it at the time, it's there. I hope you liked these quotes and if you haven't already seen them, check out the movies!