Why Meghan Markle is a Feminist Icon

3 Quotes That Prove Meghan Markle Is The Feminist Icon We Need

"I am proud to be a woman and a feminist."

52

In this day and age, young children and women around the world are looking up to the people who will speak up for them in ways they aren't able to do it for themselves. Since new princess, Meghan Markle was 11, she has been actively speaking out for the women population. She vigorously brought awareness to the struggles that women have been going through for hundreds of years. Here are some quotes that have inspired not only me but people all around the world.

1. "When we empower girls hungry for education, we cultivate women who are emboldened to effect change within their communities and globally."

The video attached explains everything this article is trying to show. She explains her experiences of writing to Hillary Clinton, Linda Ellerbee and powerhouse attorney Gloria Alred about a commercial advertising dishwashing liquid. The tagline said, "Women all over America are fighting greasy pots and pans." Obviously, disagreeing with the statement, she ultimately got the tagline changed and thus beginning her tireless endeavor to stop the women stereotypes.

2. "Women don’t need to find their voice, they need to be empowered to use it and people need to be urged to listen."

I think this is my favorite quote from Meghan. Not only is she encouraging women to use their voice, she is alluding to the fact that people shut them down whenever they try to. She is using her platform in a way to encourage women and make sure they know, using their voices and speaking their mind shouldn't be a fear in the back of their heads. This is the time where we as women need to speak up and declare our opinions proudly, without fear of being shut down.

3. "It is said that girls with dreams become women with vision. May we empower each other to carry out such vision -- because it isn't enough to simply talk of equality. One must believe it. And it isn't enough to simply believe in it. One must work at it. Let us work at it. Together. Starting now."

upload.wikimedia.org

Encouraging little girls to be what they want to be and do what they dream of doing is the first step in making sure they will be women with power. Lift them in their beliefs, inspire them with ideas, motivate them to accomplish their dreams. It's the small things that will ensure them into greatness.

Meghan Markle, a feminist icon, a princess, an activist, and an inspiration to all. All of her passion and hard work about what she is trying to bring awareness to gives me hope for the future. Hope for women, hope for the world and hope for the little girls and boys growing up in today's society.