Everyone Needs To Relax About Meghan Markle's Bra
popular

Who knew a peek of lace would make everyone lose their minds?

4672

If you haven't heard by now, Meghan Markle was spotted this past weekend, on her birthday, attending a wedding. She stepped out looking chic as always in a beautiful in a button-down dress and a lovely fascinator to match. However, early photos caught of her showed the top couple buttons on her dress undone, exposing an extremely small scrap of lace.

When I first saw the image of this, I thought it was styled that way intentionally and I loved the look. I found it slightly daring without baring much at all. Although, she was quickly spotted carrying on with her dressed fully buttoned. Then the media went nuts about her seemingly insignificant wardrobe malfunction.

I was taken aback that this was even news. People were shaming her left and right for "being too immodest" or "breaking royal protocol." While the new Duchess of Sussex is under a microscope, facing scrutiny from every angle imaginable, this tiny slip hardly seemed like anything. If this counts as a wardrobe malfunction, I have had my fair share of them. It seems as though many people have forgotten that becoming a royal did not change the fact that Meghan is still a human who has wardrobe malfunctions like the rest of us.

I was shocked that people found this shocking. There are plenty of (important) things worth having a frenzy over, in my opinion, this was just not one of them. It was as if people were expecting her to drop in shame at the matter. It seems ridiculous that someone could face such an adverse reaction to wearing a bra. Whether she went with a bra, a bright pink bra, or no bra at all, the fact of the matter is that we should have no concern about the undergarments of others.