Meet The Reporter: New Years Resolution

Meet The Reporter: New Years Resolution

Meet one of the ASU Odyssey reporters and her view on new years resolutions.

15
Muska

The new year has started and it's time for all the promises and goals to be written down and accomplished. Unless...

New years resolutions are almost never fulfilled, we have twelve months to achieve these goals but the truth is we forget about them after the first three months of the year. If you asked me what I did last January I would not be able to tell you. By the end of the year I'm ready to move on and look forward to change. As a student I'm used to the new year starting after a long break and a new school year. The new year always starts with change for me, but once that changes. Once I find a job and have been working there for five years I think the idea of new years resolution would sound very promising to me. If starting off the new year with a general idea of what you want to attain makes you feel happier, I think you should go for it.

A good way to make sure you remember what your goals are, is putting it somewhere you have to pass everyday. Consistency is key. I used to have all these big ideas for the new year with plans on how I would get there, now my biggest goal this year is to enjoy every second of the year. Even when I'm frustrated and feel like ranting for hours I should enjoy the fact that I have people to rant to, that what I'm ranting about might be so irrelevant to someone else. My goal this year is to find myself, to take the time to get to know who I want to be and how I should do that.

My hope is that you'll find the same reassurance this year.