Meet The Men Of '5 For Yell'

Meet The Men Of '5 For Yell'

Why you should support the men poised to hold the most coveted positions on campus.

2793
Facebook

The time has come! It's Aggie election season and no position is near as coveted as that of Yell Leader. Now is your chance to get to know the men who will be representing Texas A&M before you (obviously) go vote for them on February 22nd or 23rd!

JUNIOR YELL

Karsten Lowe

Age: 20

Year: 2020

Outfit: E-2

Major: Industrial Distribution

Favorite Yell: BTHO

Layne’s or Cane’s: Layne’s

Gumby’s or Double Daves: Gumby’s

Favorite Aggie Tradition: Silver Taps

As Queen Rev's recent handler, Karsten experienced the Aggie Family in his interactions with Old Ags who "spoke of their time in the Corps, just as if it were yesterday". He vividly recalls a couple he met at a Rev event who'd been taking pictures with our mascot since Reveille II. He's a double E-2 legacy! His uncle (class of '94) and brother (class of '18) laid a path for him in the Corps that has led him to incredible friendships and memories. He speaks so highly of his brother and obviously loves and respects the Lowe men who came through before him.

Reid Williams

Age: 19

Year: 2020

Outfit: L-1

Major: Business Marketing

Favorite Yell: Farmers Fight

Layne’s or Cane’s: Layne’s

Gumby’s or Double Daves: Gumby’s

Favorite Aggie Tradition: Muster

Williams is a first generation Aggie with no ties to A&M who decided to join the Corps at the very last second. His love for the school and the Corps is undeniable and incredibly palpable. He credits his fellow cadets in "pushing him to be a better man that [he] was the day before". His first muster solidified his admiration for the Aggie family and took pride in calling our "Here" when the moment came. He takes inspiration from his fish year commanding officer Nathan Leary. Reid points to him as a man of character that led him well.

SENIOR YELL

Connor Joseph

Age: 20

Year: 2019

Outfit: SQ-17

Major: Agricultural Economics

Favorite Yell: Locomotive

Layne’s or Cane’s: Layne’s

Gumby’s or Double Daves: Gumby’s

Favorite Aggie Tradition: The 12th Man

A third-generation cadet, every man in Joseph's family has been in the Corps of Cadets. This tradition may have brought him to A&M but the community, discipline, and leadership opportunities kept him here in Aggieland. His Aggie spirit was solidified by his first Bonfire Remembrance and the inspiration he takes from his father. Over the past year, Connor served as a Junior Yell Leader and was mentored by Former Yell Leaders who've helped him live as a better Aggie and continue to give him career advice!

Gavin Suel

Age: 20

Year: 2019

Outfit: E-2

Major: Kinesiology

Favorite Yell: Ol’ Army

Layne’s or Cane’s: Cane’s – Cane’s cards baby!

Gumby’s or Double Daves: Too close to call!

Favorite Aggie Tradition: I can’t really say that I have one. I guess the tradition of the 12th Man is my favorite. I see the 12th Man as more than just the student section at a football game, but it’s the spirit that we embody as the Aggie Family. Whether it’s at Silver Taps, Muster, Bonfire Remembrance – the 12th Man is a part of it all.

Gavin came into the Corps looking for lifetime friends and was blown away by how much he found. The relationships he's forged during his time here are "the closest, strongest, and most impactful [he's] ever had". He cherishes the time he's able to spend listening to the stories of every Aggie he gets to meet. He praises the Former Yell Leaders he has met for making him feel like a "somebody" even back in his fish year. He learned from them how important his actions were. Regardless of what they said to him, they "treated [him] like [he] was the most important person in the world".

Blake Jones

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Outfit: Sq-2

Major: Industrial Distribution

Favorite Yell: Old Army

Layne’s or Cane’s: Layne’s

Gumby’s or Double Daves: Gumby’s

Favorite Aggie Tradition: Aggie Muster

Jones obviously resembles his father in spirit. His dad, who passed on last march in a car accident, inspires and drives Blake in all that he does. He describes his dad as "loyal, selfless, honest, hardworking, and [a man who] treated everyone he met with an intrinsic respect and love". Jones was moved by the spirit of the Aggie Family in big ways this past year as support poured out from Ags in every walk of life and across the state. He notes these past years in the Corps as helping him to learn "leadership and discipline" and "develop[ing] friendships that will last [him] a lifetime."