Meet Syracuse Odyssey: Mya Pfeifer

Meet Syracuse Odyssey: Mya Pfeifer

Hi, I'm Mya. It's nice to meet you!

27
Meet Syracuse Odyssey: Mya Pfeifer
By Mya Pfeifer

Hey, what's up MTV?! Welcome to my crib!

Just kidding... but welcome to the Odyssey at Syracuse. I am the current president of the Syracuse University Odyssey community and I LOVE the Odyssey. But there's a whole lot more about me that I'd love for you to know...

For instance, I'm kind of from Chicago but I'm kind of from Wisconsin. You see, I will always introduce myself by saying "Hi, I'm Mya and I'm from Chicago".

Photo by Mya Pfeifer

But that's not as close to home as you may think. In reality, I'm about 20 minutes away from the Wisconsin state line, I am a huge Green Bay Packers fan, and cheese is my love language.

Photo by Mya Pfeifer

Basically the best way to describe where I'm from is to say that I live at Six Flags Great America, on top of Raging Bull.

Photo by Mya Pfeifer

As for school, I am a public relations major at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse. I can't wait to spend my whole life studying new means of two-way communication between organizations and their publics (Syracuse PRL 206 Students will understand).

Other than writing for Odyssey, I am also the Public Relations Chair for OttoTHON and I am a member of Danceworks and PRSSA. On top of all of that, I am a member of Alpha Xi Delta!

Photo by Erin Gavle

OttoTHON is one of my favorite things in the world and you can often see me around campus telling people all about Dance Marathon and why they should be #FTK (for the kids).

Photo by Mya Pfeifer

I have been dancing since I was three years old and I continue to dance in college with Danceworks. This costume was by far the best one I've ever had.

In my free time (I don't typically have much), I love spending time with my friends and playing Mario Kart. I also enjoy the feeling of solitude when sitting in bed watching Jane the Virgin for hours on end.

Photo by Mya Pfeifer

The number one thing you need to know about me is that I love my school.

Photo by Mya Pfeifer

Kisses to Otto xx

Thanks for getting to know me today, maybe next time we'll get a little closer and I'll make some inappropriately timed jokes about my mental health

Photo by Mya Pfeifer