Meet ASU Odyssey: Avery DeHaven

Meet ASU Odyssey: Avery DeHaven

A series where readers get to know ASU Odyssey reporters

19
Meet ASU Odyssey: Avery DeHaven

My name is Avery DeHaven and I'm a reporter for Arizona State University Odyssey. I grew up in Texas and moved to Arizona to attend the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication. During my sophomore year at ASU, I changed my focus from print journalism to public relations, but I still enjoy writing whenever I can. Music and travel are some of my favorite topics to cover. My music taste ranges from rock to alternative and a little bit of indie. I try to take every opportunity I can to plan trips and attend concerts.

Outside of school and writing for Odyssey, I am a public relations media intern for Lux Wedding Florist in Phoenix. I help manage social media and attend events to help set up floral design and other décor.

Moving from Texas to Arizona was a big change, but it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Living out here the last three years has introduced me to so many new things like hiking, snowboarding and of course, the never-ending sunshine.