Finding Your Center

Finding Your Center

Find a way to work through the negativity.

102
Finding Your Center

Negativity is not something that anyone needs. I know that this is something that I have been talking about recently, but as someone who experiences sensory overload on the daily and is an empath, I am flooded with this constantly.

Blocking out negativity is definitely hard, but it is so necessary for your mental state that sometimes it needs to be done. Honestly, it is, and I've had to do it plenty, so here's what I've found that helps me out a lot.
If you need to leave a group chat, do it. If you feel like you aren't being heard or that people are disrespecting your voice, then simply leave the chat. You don't owe anyone an explanation. If it feels not good to you, then get out of it. Delete the app, actually leave the group for good, or just put your phone away and turn it off. I've had to delete an app off my phone to gain peace, and I honestly feel so much better not seeing the chat exploding.

Doing yoga to acoustic music before a shower every morning has become a staple in my routine. While it may sound silly, stretching out sleep with the motivation of a hot shower and equally hot coffee is pretty great.

Waking up at least two hours before you have to start getting ready has greatly helped me out. After yoga and a shower, I take my coffee and laptop and settle on my couch and turn my favorite show on Netflix (yes, it's Friends...or The Office). I purposefully take that time for myself and to do whatever I feel like, whether it be writing, watch the show, scroll through whatever social media I'm feeling….it all depends. The important thing is that I am giving myself time for, well, myself. I feel like sometimes we forget to take time to breathe, so I incorporated it in!

A little thing that I do is have playlists for everything. I'm not sure why this helps lift my mood, but I have one for yoga, one to pump me up in the shower, one for the car, and even ones for the characters I create. I guess in a way it helps ground me in what I'm doing, whether it be sitting around or studying.

The last bit I do for myself is meditating with my crystals. Again, it may sound a bit weird, but I can say from personal experience that this really ends up working very well for me. Something about sitting in complete silence really helps slow my brain down, which even going to sleep can't do, and focus on being. It's oddly very centering and relaxing.

In the end, taking the time to work with yourself and figure out how best to deal with the negativity and stress that is life is really what is important. If you don't find a way to channel or block negative energy out, it will end up eating at you until you can't function.

So, find your center of gravity!