You Know You're From Medina, Ohio When
popular

You Know You're From Medina, Ohio When

Medina, Ohio is a place like no other, and you're definitely from Medina if you relate to these few things.

2450
You Know You're From Medina, Ohio When

"Sing the praise of our Medina, to her we'll ever be true."

1. You have countless Christmas tree Gazebo pics. And if you don't...do you actually live in Medina?

2. You have spent too much money at Dan's Dogs but are completely OK with it…and you always find yourself craving a junkyard dog and milkshake at the most inconvenient times of the day.

3. Normally you tend to leave the past behind when you ship off to college. But, when it comes to talking about school spirit and your student section you can't help but brag about 'The Swarm' and how its the best student section in the land.

4. If you hear the words Brunswick and/or Strongsville and you immediately gag...then you know your heart and pride is true to Medina.

5. You blame your pre-mature Holiday spirit on the fact that the Candle Light Walk that happens on The Square every year BEFORE Thanksgiving. But lets be honest, because of it, you can't deny your Christmas cheer.

6. Breakfast at Eli's Kitchen is a must. Delicious homemade breakfast and a beautiful view of what our town is known for. All for a good price. What could be better?

7. You're very used to the gasp you hear from your new friends at college when you tell them you graduated with 600+ people in high school class. And yes, we did have to go to a college gym to hold graduation for it to be a large enough venue.

8. On multiple accounts you have stood in a ridiculous line just to get your Handel's ice cream. Even in the middle of winter.

9. You spend your Friday nights under the lights watching football games and your Saturday nights under the lights watching soccer games. People don't quite understand your town's love for soccer, but your weekends always revolve around athletics.

10. When the most exciting thing to happen to your town is a new ice cream shop or restaurant opening up on The Square. Lets not forget the excitement and commotion Court House Pizza and Chill caused this past spring and summer when they opened up.

11. When your Gazebo was recreated for a float in the Rose Bowl parade in 2011 for the theme "A stroll down memory lane" and out of any Gazebo in the nation yours was picked and that's something you wear with pride.

12. You are more than willing to give up sleeping in on your Saturday mornings in the summer so you can make a trip to the Farmers Market and get all sorts of goodies every weekend.

13. Reagan Park was your go to sledding hill as a child, and still is as a young adult.

14. The only candles you'll ever burn are A.I. Root Candles, because no words can even compare other candles to A.I. Root Candles.

15. As you drive down Reagan Parkway you are always on the lookout and counting how many groundhogs you see, waiting to see if it'll break your previous record.

16. And last but not least you know your from Medina when before you go into Target with a friend you play the "5 above or 5 under game" in guessing how many people you'll see that you know, because lets be real, all of Medina ends up at Target during some point in the day.

Growing up in a place like Medina is special and I'll forever be proud to be a Medina Bee.