Maybe It's Time To Take A Break

Maybe It's Time To Take A Break

Sometimes you lose passion for something and you need to take a break from it to know if it really matters to you. That's okay!

18
Maybe It's Time To Take A Break
wall.alphacoders.com

Sometimes we dedicate ourselves to something in the hopes that we will excel in that area or make some sort of difference. We want to make an impact. Maybe we take on stuff in the hopes that we will look better to others or maybe just to ourselves. For whatever reason, we attach ourselves to stuff. But stuff can get boring after a while. Sometimes things do not turn out the way we like them to be and sometimes it just gets too hard to keep up. We look at others and see how well they do at stuff while struggling so hard just to meet basic requirements. Maybe it was not so hard to do so at first but going through the same process of putting your effort into something every day, or every week without any more passion in it just becomes a drag. So sometimes it is important to evaluate how much you really care about something. It may be time to just take a break from it as your clock of interest strikes twelve.

Taking a break should not be interpreted as giving up. It does not have to. Taking a break from something may just mean reevaluating how much you care for something and where your priorities really are. You may return to it or you may not. That is okay. If you lose interest in something there is no reason to stay with it if you just sit around and struggle with it. It may be time to just walk away from it for a little while and re-collect yourself. Or maybe it is time to just find something new altogether.

I am writing about taking breaks from stuff but really I am just projecting. I have found myself that there are certain things that are just not worth the effort anymore. I do not mean that in a sad way, it's just that I do not like having to put forth effort into something I do not feel any more passion for. I need a break. I am not going to go into detail about what that specific thing may be but I have to say it is a hard decision to make. I put a lot of time in this thing and I do not just want to make it seem like I am throwing it all away. I surely do not want to disappoint friends who have been in this thing with me but like I said: I need a break. It may be a while before I make an official decision yet I need to make sure I do what is best for me.

So that is what I have chosen to write about, taking breaks. It is important to do stuff that you like. But it is also important to know when you just are not into something anymore. You have to take care of yourself so It just makes no sense to tag a long on something that either no longer means anything to you or just stresses you out. So take a break from the stressful stuff if you can. Make sure to put yourself first. Also remember that you can always return to that thing again, if and when the time is right.