How 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Connects To Christianity

I Am One With The Faith And The Faith Is With Me.

36
dorksideoftheforce.com

I am one with the force. The force is with me

I am one with the force. The force is with me.

I am one with the faith. The faith is with me.

Did you notice the huge dependence on the force in the latest Star Wars movie, Rogue One? Incredible that the blind man was able to see using the force. That might sound extremely familiar to my Christian friends.

Whether it is costumes or video games or movies, we (not just children) seem to be fascinated by the notion of “superpowers” or “The Force.” This is is because we all know, at a spiritual level, that there is a power that is not pretend … it is real! The Force in Star Wars is a great example of the Faith in today's world.

The time is now to awaken the “real force” capable of transforming our world. Do you want to be counted among God’s superheroes possessing supernatural powers?

LUKE: The Force?
BEN: Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

In the same way that the Force is a way of life, so should our faith be. In the same way that the force is used to defend and to guide, so is the Faith. The faith guides us when we are blind and gives us strength to move mountains

When the Lord speaks to your heart, as he did to the two blind men (Mt 9:27-31), asking,“Do you believe that I can do this?” Say, “Yes, Lord!” Then he will say, “Let it be done for you according to your faith.”

" I fear nothing. All is as the Force Wills it"
- Chirrut Imwe

The Force can be used for evil too. Satan fell from heaven because he wanted to take control of heaven. In the same way, Anakin Skywalker fell to the dark side because of his overwhelming desire to be in control.

I don't want to spoil Star Wars for you but there are lots of ways that Star Wars relates to faith. So go ahead, and continue watching your Star Wars movies, and remember to Be one with the faith, because the faith is with you.