Maximize Your Studying By Listening To Video Game Soundtracks

Video game soundtracks provide the perfect tunes to listen to while studying.

96
Facebook

Studying can be hard to accomplish these days. Even if you find the motivation to finally start studying, getting distracted is a very easy thing to have happen. If you’re anything like me, you’ll sometimes put in headphones in an attempt to eliminate surrounding distractions. There are times where I can’t handle music though, because I find the singing to be too much of a distraction. When that happens, I turn to my secret weapon: video game soundtracks.

It may seem cheesy coming from a video game enthusiast, but it’s true! Video game soundtracks are the perfect music to study to. With little to no vocals and a wide variety of beats and style, there will always be a soundtrack for your mood when studying. I’ve put together a list of 10 of my favorite video game soundtracks to study to.

Mario Kart 8

This was the soundtrack that inspired me to listen to video game soundtracks when studying. The music does a great job at capturing the crazy fun of Mario Kart, and listening to it while studying makes it only better. With upbeat, funky tunes, Mario Kart 8’s soundtrack is sure to motivate you to get your work done.

Tearaway

A charming game that many people might not know about, Tearaway contains a fantastic soundtrack. With a range of fast and slow beats, Tearaway’s soundtrack is not only delightful and pleasing, but it also possess the perfect vibe for working on big projects.

Firewatch

A more serious soundtrack, Firewatch is sure to not distract you with catchy beats. Rather, it serves as calm music that can easily fade into the background while your thoughts are busy at work.

Splatoon

Perhaps the most outgoing soundtrack, Splatoon is full of bullish jams that are sure to get your attention. While it may be more beneficial to listen to when cleaning or responding to emails, it is a rocking soundtrack that is sure to help you get through your to-do list.

Crash Team Racing

Not only do kart racers make for fun games, but they also make for great video game soundtracks! The funky sounds and rhythms of Crash Bandicoot become embraced in this spunky soundtrack for Crash Team Racing. To say the least, this soundtrack makes for an interesting study session.

Ori And The Blind Forest

I’ve never played Ori And The Blind Forest, but the art and music from the game are absolutely beautiful. For a calm study session, you can count and the gorgeous and melodic sounds that come from the Ori soundtrack.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

This artistic side scroller from Ubisoft boasts a beautiful and easy-going soundtrack, filled with soothing and calm vibes suited for an easygoing study session. This is definitely at the top of my favorites to have playing while studying.

Crypt of the Necrodancer

A game based around its music and beats, Crypt of the Necrodancer makes for the perfect soundtrack to keep you working on beat. This was the soundtrack I listened to when writing this post! It’s perfect for setting yourself in the zone to tackle a bunch of work, so get to it!

Rocket League

Rocket League cheats a little since it has lyrics, but it still makes for a great study soundtrack. With fun songs and pump-up jams, you’re sure to have a great time studying to this beat! Throughout high school this is a soundtrack I often turned to when trying to finish homework.

Yooka Laylee

As of writing this, Yooka Laylee is unreleased. However, it a soundtrack that is sure to contain a lot of novel, fresh tunes to spice up your studying. Attached it a playlist with the released music from the game so far, and hopefully the rest will be added as it is released. Regardless, Yooka Laylee will make for a spunky time when getting through those last few math problems.