Max: The Goofball

Max: The Goofball

Always joking, always reassuring, siempre en mi corazon.

11
Max: The Goofball

Meet Max:

Oh Maxy-Poo. A French kid that followed his dreams and his love for fast food all the way back to North America. He's been studying in Canada for what seems like forever, making everyone that meets him think that he's Canadian. Max was finishing his master thesis at Copenhagen Business School this semester. This brilliant mind spent most of his days studying or working and most of his nights drinking calimocho, a mix of Viña Morena and coke. He's an admirable student until you saw him shotgun a beer, now that is an impressive skill. A man of many skills and languages, his English and French are perfect, his Portuguese is fading a little bit with a little practice he'd be right back to nearly fluent, and his Spanish is astounding. He would always speak to me in Spanish, which was convenient because I was the only native Spanish speaker in the dorm, and he helped me remember my mother tongue.

Aside from his many talents, Max was always so chill! I could be an anxious mess for whatever reason and he would bring me back into reality with a little perspective. He just had this laid back attitude, I would not say he was relaxed though, I swear Max has to have ADHD, he couldn't stay still for the life of him! But he was always so calm about everything.

No one has given me as many nicknames as he has: abuelita, mamacita, muchacha, chica, the list goes on and on. I loved that about him though, he'd have a joke or a nickname for everyone he was close with. From all of my nicknames to ANVAAAAAR's signature scream, he just found a way to relate to others and when he couldn't relate he'd find a way to annoy them, usually by messing up their hair. Max is just always goofing.

My favorite Max moment was when he found a burger lasagna on Epic Meal Time and he actually organized a group to recreate this heart attack-causing dinner. He assigned everyone a job and created a budget so everyone that participated could pitch in. That was probably the most delicious and well-organized group project I've ever partaken in. It was AWESOME!

Thanks, Max. Thanks for your friendship and your jokes and for practicing your Spanish with me and thanks for almost giving us all a stroke with the burger lasagna. I love you!