Spotify Discovery Led Me Back To Mateo Arias, And To My Childhood As Well
Music

He talks about his fears and getting hurt after losing his love which is something that he is not prepared for. The song displays his awareness of the pain and how selfish he can be in a relationship.

30

One artist that I discovered on my Spotify Discovery and I have been listening to lately is an upcoming artist that goes by the name ¿Teo? but his actual name is Mateo Arias. Mateo Arias's name probably sounds familiar because he played a role in Kickin It, known as Jerry. His work is mostly focused on acting but recently he's released music, specifically rap songs with incorporated singing vocals. His most popular single is a collaboration with Jaden Smith named "Uno Dos." He even came out with an album that he named after himself, "¿Teo?" in 2018.

Recently I have been listening to one of his songs that's not that well known but in my opinion, it's his best one yet. It is called "Selfless-ish" and has 3.6 million views on YouTube. The song is about his life and the deepest cores of his feelings. He talks about his fears and getting hurt after losing his love which is something that he is not prepared for. The song displays his awareness of the pain and how selfish he can be in a relationship.

I interpret this song in a way where he is saying how he shouldn't be left in the past of his lover's life as it makes him insecure, heartbroken and full of open wounds. Another one of my favorite songs by him is "Americano." It's basically a song that talks about his culture and background of being an American Colombian. I can relate to this song because I know how tough it is being an American that is still trying to keep in touch with her culture.

I would definitely recommend giving him a listen. His music is surprisingly great and I genuinely believe he has a chance at getting big. Who would've thought my Spotify Discovery would lead me back to someone from my childhood?