To some, matcha green tea is comparable to only one thing: heaven.
It is stone-ground Japanese green tea rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and more healthful goodness. I became obsessed a little over a year ago, and have since converted one friend to the dark side—the dark green side, to be exact. I typically describe it as “taking a sip of the earth,” which probably sounds disgusting and not at all enticing, but I swear, the earthy flavor is rejuvenating and delicious!
You know you are a true matcha lover if you show these 11 signs:
1. A day without matcha is like a day without joy
Or more accurately....
2. And it is the best part of your day
(Okay, maybe not the best part, but you look forward to your matcha time—probably more than you should.)
3. Your dream is to try every flavor
People say dream big, so don't settle for sticking to just plain matcha (though it is scrumptious in its simplest form), expand your horizons and try peach, cinnamon, maple, chocolate...the list goes on! Vanilla and mint are my personal favorites. (Try David's Tea!)
4. You consider making a matcha latte an art form
Yes, mixing up the matcha and milk to form the perfect frothy cup of green happiness does make you feel like a proud artist finishing a masterpiece.
5. It is your go-to order at coffee shops (and everyone knows it)
Just look at that, it's divine!
6. You have a surplus of matcha powder in your kitchen
You have enough to last ten years, yet you continue to stock up on more and more. Can you really have too much matcha?
7. You add it to as many things as possible.
8. You attempt to get everyone you know to try it.
9. You bring matcha packets everywhere so you can add some to your water bottle on the fly.
It has been said that preparation is the key to success, so by being prepared for a matcha-craving, you are setting yourself up to be one successful human being. Congrats!
10. You own a matcha whisk or mixer.
And it may or may not be just be one of your most prized possessions.
11. Matcha puns would work as the perfect pick-up lines for you.
No need to be fancy, throw in "matcha" in place of "match" and any matcha lover will be swooning.
Now go and enjoy something matcha-licious!