To Everyone Who Thinks I'm in a Cult

To Everyone Who Thinks I'm in a Cult

I've never performed a sacrifice

2818
To Everyone Who Thinks I'm in a Cult
Massachusetts Rainbow

When I was 11 I joined an organization called the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls. Rainbow is a service organization for girls ages 11-20 and teaches girls valuable skills like public speaking and how to handle business matters. We're also part of the Masonic Family and that is the part everyone latches onto and judges. But why?

People tend to be afraid of things they don't understand and because the Masonic Family keeps specific details about our traditions a secret, people assume the worst. Let me just put it bluntly, no, the Masons are not in fact working on a plan to over throw the government. What they're doing is working on becoming better men and changing the world for the better.

The most important thing about Masonry isn't what's written in the pages of our rituals, it's the fact that all of our organizations are devoted to performing community service.

Just last weekend Washington and Idaho Rainbow raised over $17,000 for Hilarity for Charity, an organization that helps those affected by Alzheimers Disease. Fundraising like that isn't an event that happens once in a blue moon, we're constantly helping those in need.

The next best thing about our organizations is that we are indeed a family. A very large family that spans over the entire world.

If one of our own is in a time of need, everyone will join together to help them in any way they can. Our arms, and at times our homes, are always open for each other.

The Masonic Family is the greatest support system anyone could be blessed with.

I wouldn't be the person I am today without the influence of everyone in this family. They helped me grow and come out of my shell. They taught me to be the best version of myself and how to carry myself through life. They let me know that it's okay to be 100% me because they'll always accept me.

No matter where I am in this world or what I do with my life, I know I'll always have the friendships I've made throughout my 6 years in this family. Knowing that years from now I'll have these same people in my life is such a great feeling and it's definitely not something most teenagers can guarantee.

So no, I am not in a cult and I do not perform sacrifices every other week, please stop asking.