Marshall Eriksen from How I Met Your Mother explains college life

10 Times Marshall Eriksen Going Through Life Was Relatable To College Students

"Making responsible choices for my future" -Marshall Eriksen

249

College is a weird, stressful, and wonderful time. It is the time where we get to explore and find our true selves. The time to learn literally anything and everything that you can about your major. The time to get to know some awesome people who will be your friends for the rest of your life.

Marshall Eriksen, one of the main characters of How I Met Your Mother, knows this life all too well. In fact, two of his closest friends, one being his wife, were those he met in college. What better narrator to explain college life than him. So here we go.

1. Staying home on a Friday night instead of going to that party.

media.giphy.com

One of the best life skills you can teach yourself in college is to time manage yourself. Learn to when to say no and when to say yes.

2. Doing that one crazy haircut to ease the stress.

media.giphy.com

Let's face it, at some point in college we all come to relate to 2007 Brittany Spears.

3. Getting excited about any form of free food.

media.giphy.com

Donuts, pizza, coffee, home cooked meals, you name it, us college kids will go crazy for any type of food that is free.

4. When you have that one rare, blissful day when you can actually catch up on sleep.

media.giphy.com

It is rare, but it happens. Nothing is better than taking a day to catch up on sleep debt.

5. Finding people to hang due to similar interests.

media.giphy.com

We've all been there, exchanged numbers with people just because they had the same band tee as you or something of the sort.

6. Seeing deadlines and not feeling like you have enough time to complete them all.

media.giphy.com

You check your class schedule, your work schedule, your assignments and then cry because you do not know when you will be able to schedule in time to even breathe.

7. But then your professor either cancels class or push back an assignment date.

media.giphy.com

PSA: The best things to hear as a college student

1. The class is canceled.

2. The exam is pushed back a week.

3. The assignment is pushed back a week.

4. I have provided an alternative worksheet instead of the paper.

8. Seeing random things on campus and wanting an explanation.

media.giphy.com

Let's face it college campuses are their own habitat for weirdos. Every day there is something happening on campus that is random, weird, or bizarre. Sometimes you can explain it, other times you can't.

9. Waking up and giving yourself a motivational pep-talk in the morning.

media.giphy.com

College is hard. Sometimes you're burning the candle at ends that do not exist. But you are strong and deserve that nap!

10. Showing off your skills because of your studies.

media.giphy.com

We have all heard the psychology major go "actually because of....". We have all heard the pre-law major argue because they want to argue. We have all seen accounting majors show off their math solving skills. We have all seen all majors show off their knowledge because after all the pain we go through to learn this stuff, we might as well brag about it.