To The Man Who Will Marry My Best Friend

To the man who will someday marry my best friend,

Take it from me, I know. She's got something special, and I don't blame you for falling head over heels for her. She's beautiful, funny, smart, and has everything any girl could want. Including a guy who loves her to the moon and back. And I'm so happy that she's happy.

But please, don't let her fall. She's been through so much, and is unbelievably strong. She's been to hell and back, and I never want to see her in pain. So please, take care of her. Love her even when she's a mess. Wipe the tears off her cheeks. Pick her up when she falls. And most importantly, please don't hurt her.

I know her better than anyone else, and I know she can be a handful. When she's angry, she's fierce. When she's sad, she's quiet. And when she's got something on her mind, God, you're gonna know it. She's going to call you out on your mistakes, and won't hesitate to tell you exactly where you went wrong. Cherish it. Because you won't find anything like it anywhere else.

Don't take her for granted. She's wholeheartedly in love with you, and is eager to show you off to the world. Please don't use her. She wants to be unapologetically in love, and wants the same from you. She is the most loyal and trusting girl in your life. Please don't change that about her.

She's the same girl that stood by my side through high school drama, helped me through the worst parts of my life, shared college gossip over coffee, and never failed to put a smile on my face. Now it's your turn to look after her. Please don't run when things get tough.

She deserves the world. So if you're out there, please, take it from me.

Love,

Her Lifelong Best Friend