Internet Friends Aren't Scary, Here is My Experience.

People I've met on the Internet are some of the coolest people I know.

42
Gurl.com

A lot of people tell you not to talk to strangers especially on the internet. But I say why not. As long as you are being safe and being careful I don't see why you wouldn't want to make friends from all over the world. With the every growing and every changing technology, we call the internet average people just like you and I have the ability to make new friends all the way on the other side of the world. I have had the opportunity to meet so many of my friends through various apps and websites like YouTube. Here are some stories about the four friends that I still keep in touch with.

Let's start with this guy I met about five years ago on this app called Gifboom. His name is Alex and he lives in Michigan. On this app, you make little GIFs and it was a pretty fun time. We both got really creative and we met by sharing the apps that the other person used to make their GIFs. Alex, Kelly- who I'll talk about later, and I was pretty popular on this app because of how much time we put into making these GIFs. I trusted that they were real people because literally the only way to make content for this app was to make the GIFSs yourself right then and there. You weren't able to upload a video and turn them into GIFs or anything like that. Alex and I became really good friends and eventually we talked about things other than this app. We went through the awkward middle school and freshman phase together. I had two boyfriends in these five years and for some reason both of them hated him. I felt so bad but I guess it's just because Alex was too awesome for them to handle. But here we are five years later and we are about to graduate high school.

Next let's talk about Kelly. I also met Kelly on the app Gifboom about five years go and she also lives in Michigan but they don't know each other in person. Kelly was going through a hard time and I was willing to be that person that helped her get through it. I reached out to her wondering if she needed help and we became friends. Kelly is one year older than I am so she has already graduated high school and she just warns me about everything that's in store for me in the future as far as how school will be. Kelly and I still talk every single day we even have 118 day snap streak.

The last two friends I made on the Internet, Emma and Savanna, were through my friend Nana. I've known Nana for who knows how long through school and we both have YouTube channels and that's how she met Savanna and Emma. Sav lives in Texas and Emma lives in New Zealand. Nana and I were planning to go to Vidcon and she had the idea of inviting Emma and Sav. Unfortunately, we aren't going to Vidcon this year because we are very broke. Very broke... But one day hopefully all of our channels will be successful enough to be able to go to Vidcon, Playlist Live and any other video conventions we can find. The four of us still have a group chat named "VIDCON CREW" that we still talk in because we've become such good friends.