Stop Being Lazy And Remove Your Makeup The Right Way

Everyone knows that a makeup wipe doesn't actually remove your wakeup completely.

81
Unsplash

That moment at the end of your day when you're relaxing in bed watching Netflix about to fall asleep and then you realize you forgot to take your makeup off... worst moment ever. It takes so much in me to get up, go to the bathroom, remove my makeup with a cleansing balm, then wash my face with my regular facewash, then exfoliate because I feel like I need to after all the makeup I had on, then go back to bed. By the time I get to bed I'm not tired because I just washed my face so now I'm awake again.

So after thinking about my long facewash process and how lazy I am after a long day, I just grab my makeup wipe from my night table, wipe my makeup off, and call it a day. But everyone knows that a makeup wipe doesn't actually remove your wakeup completely. So is a makeup wipe even worth it? Does it damage your skin? Is it better to just wash your face or is a makeup wipe completely ok to do?

Let's find out!

Dermatologist Maryann Mikhail told the Huffington Post that, "Since you’re not rinsing away the active cleansing ingredients in wipes, that residue that’s left behind may expose your skin to high concentrations of solubilizers, surfactants, and emulsifiers. This can be drying and irritating for some people, especially those with dry or sensitive skin. Also, some wipes contain alcohol, which can cause stinging."

I know I don't have sensitive skin but makeup wipes still sometimes even sting my skin. My skin also feels weird after a wipe my face, almost like sticky feeling and definitely dry. Makeup wipes do definitely help remove some makeup but I would suggest at least rinsing your face after using the makeup wipe. Because using a makeup wipe won't thoroughly take off your makeup it's better to wash your face even if it's a hassle because the leftover makeup can build up bacteria and cause breakouts. And no one wants breakouts because of being too lazy to wash there face.

Overall, take care of your face! Don't be lazy night and wash it! It won't kill you to use a makeup wipe alone a few times but definitely, wash your face twice a day. It will keep it smooth and healthy and that's important.