I can make your hands clap..

I can make your hands clap..

"Somebody save your soul cause you've been sinning in the city I know"

485
I can make your hands clap..
pexels.com

Chapter 1

Annmarie

*ring ring* *ring ring*

Stirring about in her queen sized bed, hidden underneath a small village of pillows and blankets, Annmarie continues to find her phone. “Damn it. It’s only 8:30 in the morning” she said once retrieving her cell phone, but debated on staying in bed and sleeping for a little while longer until she saw that she had a voicemail. Annmarie’s interest was suddenly piqued. She punched her passcode in and unlocked the phone, pressed the call button and went straight to her voicemail. “Hi minette, call me back when you get the chance. I have something really important to ask you; actually I’m in town, but just call me, okay? Bye.” Like clockwork, Annmarie automatically knew who it was. I mean, it’s not every day a guy calls her by minette; that was her nickname and only one person in the entire world called her minette, and that was her ex-boyfriend Michael. After several moments of debating if whether she should shower, do her hair and get in her outfit for the day or stall for a few more hours in bed, Annmarie decided to finally get out of bed and take a long hot bath.

Walking around naked, Annmarie collected a few things to place on her bath board including her “Big Blue” bath bomb from Lush, her ipad mini for Netflix and of course her phone. Sinking into the tub, she just let the hot water take her over, relax her tired muscles. Flipping through her Netflix queue, she finally settled on her go-to television show that made her feel good about any tough situation, “Gilmore Girls”. Sitting back and chewing on her nail, totally zoned out, Annmarie thought about calling Michael to see what he wanted, maybe even meet up with him.

Annmarie and Michael’s relationship has always been strong, rocky but strong and full of passion. After first meeting in college, they practically spent every minute together, even with Michael asking her to join his newly formed band, Fitz and The Tantrums as co-singer and even co-wrote the widely popular song “Handclap”. It’s not that the break up ended badly, it actually ended amicably mostly because the rock star lifestyle was starting to take a toll on Annmarie and she desired to live a complete and healthy, normal life. With hair slicked back and skin turning to a prune, Annmarie mustered up the confidence to call Michael back.

“Hello?” Michael’s voice came through on the other end.

“Hey Michael, it’s Annmarie”