Make Your Bed Every Day

Make Your Bed Every Day

The best habit to start your day.

21
Make Your Bed Every Day
Crane and Canopy

Sleeping is very important. Finding the right balance of sleep can lead to a very healthy lifestyle and it is ideal to remember that too much sleep is just as bad as too little of sleep. But, I am not here to talk to you about the importance of sleep, or love for naps, or cuddling, or a significant other taking up too much room in the bed. I am here to tell you what you should do as soon as the alarm clock goes off and the day begins.

I come from a military family where my dad and grandpa both served in the United States Air Force for over a combined forty years. Are they hard ass military men? No, but their etiquette, manners, and the way they live their life are very much a part of what they have learned during their time in service. One of the best things that I have taken from that is waking up and not leaving the room or house before making my bed.

Making your bed every morning is a great habit to live by for more reasons than you may think. First off it looks good. When I first got to college I realized that I was a minority when it comes to students who make their beds in dorm rooms. Most kids just leave it how it was when they wake up and they might make it before they get in it at night, and of course I am occasionally guilty of that as well. But I also realized that my side of the room looked a lot better because my bed was made and that was something that I could be proud of.

Another reason why you should make your bed is because when you have a long, tough day and are just ready for bed, a bed that is made looks way more welcoming than a bed that is just sheets and some pillows on the floor. When I get back to my room after a long tiring bed and see my made bed gawking at me I imagine it like a dog who has been waiting for the owner to come home all day and both parties are just very excited to see each other to reunite.

The final reason as to why you should make your bed each morning is because it is a sign of organization. When you start your day by making your bed it shows that so far in the day you are organized and everything is in its place and at that moment in time your life is organized and your bed looks great!

So, the next time you wake up and feel like making a change in some way, try making your bed and creating a new habit in doing so. You may just find out that it helps organize the rest of your day and make it that much better to crawl back under those sheets after a long, hard day.