I'm Going To Make My Own Decisions

I'm Done Letting Others Make My Decisions, I'm Choosing Me

I am done putting others before myself, and I am not going to apologize for it.

135
Madison Skinner

Have you ever tried to make a decision about if you should do something, but you have friends or family who want you to do the opposite of what you want to do? You can either listen to them and let them dictate how you live your life, or you can do what you think is best for you. It is all up to you, do you want to be in charge of your life?

I am done making my life choices based on other's opinions of what I should do.

You know what? This is between me and the good Lord! I am finally putting myself first, and I've never felt more at peace. Am I worried about what other people may say or think? Sure, I am, but I am not going to let other people make my choices for me. I am choosing me. I am choosing my thoughts and opinions over others because I am doing what is best for me and my mental health. I seek happiness on the daily, and I am going to do what is going to make me happy. I am going to do what is going to be better for me in the long run. If God wants me to go, I'm going to answer the call. I'm not going to put it off any longer — if you aren't going to support me in my adventures, you might as well go on. I am not making any more decisions because others say I should — if I want to do something that will better myself, I'm going to do it.

Honestly, you should too. If someone doesn't support you, they obviously aren't the one for you! You should know your worth before letting others in on the decision making. I now know my worth. I now know that my life is for me to live and for me to happy. It is not for others to make my decisions for me or for them to make me miserable in the process. There is obviously pros and cons to every decision you make, and letting others give you advice is a great idea; however, once you start letting them decide what you should do, you will be miserable. Moral of the story is I am done making decisions based on what others want me to do, I am living my life for me.