My Major Isn't "Useless"

My Major Isn't "Useless"

No one's is.
16

No one's major is useless. Frankly, it's insulting to see articles talking about the most useless, worthless, or stupid majors. Students base their choice on what they're passionate about. I chose my major when I was a freshman in high school, I have had the same passion since. These articles are making college students feel bad about what they're choosing to do for the rest of their lives.

Whatever you choose to do with your life, it should make you happy. You shouldn't automatically go into the phase of hating everything about your job. If anything, you should never have to feel like that. Loving your career is the best part about having one. All of the art, psychology, communications, and anthropology majors out there should be proud of what they are doing. Not everyone would want to be in one of the most "worthless" majors out there. (All information coming from Complex).

Loving what you do is the best part about doing it. If it feels like work, you're not in the right place. No student should ever have to second guess what they love, and anyone who makes you feel differently can shove it.