We all like to talk, but sometimes people might misinterpret or not understand what exactly you are trying to say. Relationships and friendships aren't perfect- they take time to master and maintain. Communicating in a healthy manner is essential to have strong, collaborative conversations that are productive and not destructive. Here are 9 ways to maintain healthy communication.
1. Put the phone down.
2. Give your undivided attention to whoever needs you.
3. Listen, and listen carefully.
4. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
5. If you need clarification, say so.
6. Let everyone civilly express their emotions.
7. Be open-minded to what others have to say.
8. Try not to interrupt the speaker if they are sharing something extremely personal.
9. Respect one another.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." ― Stephen R. Covey