The Magic Continues

The Magic Continues

The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film, spin off of the Harry Potter Series, is released

16
The Magic Continues

Magic meets speak easies in the newest spin-off installment of the Harry Potter film franchise, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which is coming out November 18th, 2016. Originally the work was mentioned as a textbook needed by the Hogwarts students, written by character Newt Scamander. In 2001, Rowling created this book under the same pseudonym, Newt Scamander. This book explains the different mythical creatures that can be found throughout the Harry Potter series, and even includes notes written within the "textbook" from the main characters of the series: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley.

Now in 2016, director David Yates along with Rowling are showing the story of the man behind the book, Scamander, and his adventures in New York seventy years before Harry Potter entered through the walls of Hogwarts. The first of five films, the premise behind this movie is that Scamander (portrayed by Eddie Redmayne) arrives in New York, unaware of the dark forces of No-maj (those without magic, the American version of muggle for those familiar with the series) world that is trying to uproot and expose the wizarding world. All Scamander wants to do is research and take care of the magical creatures that are held within his magical case. However, disaster strikes when character and No-maj Jacob Kowalski, played by Dan Folger, accidentally releases the potentially dangerous creatures into the city. However, this isn't the only problem that both the world of magic and the no-maj world are facing as the two worlds seem to be coming closer and closer, making the possibility of war much more realistic. Everything seemed to be going downhill ever since Gellert Grindewald (fans of the Harry Potter series should recognize this name as the childhood friend of Albus Dumbledore) seemed to disappear after causing trouble in Europe.

Now it is up to Scamander, Kowalski, and other friends, including Tina played by Katheirne Waterston and Queen portrayed by Alison Sudol, to create a group of people dedicated to helping return everything to normal, or as normal as the wizarding world can get.

For more information on the film and to see the trailer, click the link below.

http://www.fantasticbeasts.com