Madison During Winter Break

Madison During Winter Break

A zombie apocalypse would be no threat to me because NO ONE IS HERE.

1
Madison During Winter Break
wisc.edu

December 24: Day 1

Finals are finally over... hehe. Now, I get a whole month to relax before spring semester. When I was a kid, I always thought it was unfair that college students got a whole month, but now I get it.

The campus is quiet, too quiet. Just kidding, this is amazing. I have grown to resent each and every person that's not me. Of course, spending the holidays with... anyone, but it's a small price to pay. I think I'll treat myself to some microwave Mac 'n Cheese tomorrow.

December 25: Day 2

Today was great! I listened to Christmas music all day and went for a walk in the snow. There's still no one around, so it was beautiful. When it got dark, I went back to my house and made that sweet Mac 'n Cheese I was talking about. I even remembered not to burn my fingers taking it out. What a great day.

My parents called to wish me a Merry Christmas from their cruise. I'm glad they're having fun. I wouldn't have wanted to spend weeks on a boat with them anyway. I'm sure I'll find ways to amuse myself here.

December 27: Day 4

I have watched five seasons of the office in the past two days. It took me this long to understand that I've already seen the show four times and I know the actors' lines better than they do. Netflix is being passive aggressive. It keeps asking me if I'm still watching. Yes, I am, Netflix! Don't push your agenda on me like going outside and interacting with people!

I just checked my phone and saw that I had a notification! It was a dog adopting app telling me there are new dogs in my area. I'm going to look at pictures of dogs now.

December 31: Day 8

I've decided my life aspiration is to adopt every dog I can and make them a dog house that's bigger than people houses. My roommates are having fun with their families and friends back home. I saw some pictures on facebook and they all look great. I love seeing all the happy looking families.

I was buying food today and I thought about getting some poppers for New Years, but then I thought about having to vacuum up all the confetti. The New Year's hats all come in packs of, like, 20. Who has that many friends? I mean, really. So instead, I bought a bottle of champagne... for myself.

January 1: Day 9

My New Year's resolution is to never drink this much champagne again.

January 2: Day 10

The total lack of human life on campus is beginning to get creepy. I know I said I didn't like people, and I don't, but maybe seeing them around isn't so bad. On my walk home today, I thought I saw life. I almost skipped and ran towards it, but it was just a bag caught on a pole.

January 3: Day 11

I've started talking to my plants. I mean, I did that before, but now we have conversations.

"What's new?"

"Oh, you know, just being a plant. Sitting here by this window."

"Oh yeah, that's really cool. I've always wanted to sit by a window."

"Yeah... Hey, I'm a little thirsty, can you help out with that?"

"Oh! Yes of course! Here. Can I get you anything else?"

"Well, I'm a plant, so not really."

I love having friends.

January 4: Day 12

I decided to order a package today. It's just socks, but at least someone will be looking for me. My plants are doing really, really well. Just sitting by that window. I've tied a ribbon around my stalk of bamboo and it looks so pretty now.

January 6: Day 14

The delivery man dropped the package off at the wrong house. I know because my neighbors are all gone. I watched him quietly from the window, waiting for him to realize his mistake, but he didn't. The sound of his truck pulling away pulled out my soul, and I sadly went next door to retrieve my socks.

January 7: Day ?

I've lost all sense of time. Food stores are running out. From my window, all I can see is a desolate wasteland. This is how the world ends.