Campus Ministry Is The Best Decision I Have Made In College

Joining A Campus Ministry Is The Best Decision I Have Made In College

How joining a campus ministry has changed my life for the better.

137

Going into my second semester of college, I like many of us, was already dreading the huge amount of stress and anxiety I was about to experience for the next four months. I hadn't been very involved on campus the semester before, because of how busy I was with a part-time job and having to commute.

Thankfully, one of my friends I made in one of my classes last semester, introduced to me The Vine, a campus ministry that meets on Wednesday nights here at Missouri State. Over Christmas break, I went through a really tough time struggling with a little depression, but I was growing in my faith tremendously.

Desperate for a change, I finally made an effort to attend. As I walked into the room, I could already feel the presence of God, and I knew this was where I needed to be. The greatest feeling was being greeted by my friends who were so excited to see me.

They ran to me (like in the movies) for a hug. Rushed with pure joy, I also began to meet so many other wonderful people, and they were all funny. I laughed way too much that night, but that's how I knew these were the people I wanted to be around.

The meeting started with amazing worship led by students from campus, then we prayed and listened to the sermon, in which coincidentally was about overcoming fear. Right then, I knew God was trying to speak to me.

When the meeting was over, I felt rejuvenated. I was the most excited for the upcoming semester I had ever been. I told myself I wasn't going to let the fear of stress take me down any longer, and so far with only one month left, it hasn't.

I have learned that if you just give it all to God, He will be your strength and guidance. He has continued to bless me in every aspect of my life and I have never felt so much joy. I am so thankful for the wisdom The Vine has continued to provide me with, and for the friends who led me here. To this day, I consider these friends some of the greatest I have on campus. I hope that if you are ever struggling with something, that you find God and give it all to Him. He is truly the greatest medicine. Maybe attending a campus ministry or getting involved in a church, is just what you need.