6 Songs That Help Me Get Through The Ups And Downs

Here are six songs that will help you get through the hard times.

140

Music Is literally therapy for me and my life situations. Most of the time you will find yourself trying to assemble the words on how you feel about your situation. Music helps you round up the exact thoughts and or feelings you may have, and it definitely has for me!

1. Drake - Elevate

"Elevate, elevate
Only obligation is to tell it straight
So much on my plate I gotta delegate"

For me this means to go in the right direction and to always tell your truth. Although you have a lot going on and it can be hard to keep up with, you represent yourself and the people around you so be real!

2. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up

“I know you don't know, what life is really worth
It's not all that glitters is gold, half the story has never been told
So now you see the light, stand up for your rights”

This lyric especially this song told me various of things. One is that I don’t know what life has to offer me, I just have to go through life and see the bright side of things. Two is to STAND UP for your rights & be heard!

3. Kayne West - Everything I am

"Everything I'm not made me everything I am."

Kanye emphasizes that who you are and who you aren't is what makes you. You are one of a kind so don't trip on being something that you are not.

4. The Carters - BOSS

“if you ain’t talking bout nothin’ i ain’t got no time, got that dinero on my mind”

If you aren’t talking about anything that has to deal with being successful, being positive, or making a great move in this world, i don’t have time for it.

5. Meek Mill - Blue Notes

"Do me one favor, take a few steps back (Cause I'm back down on my own again)
And look at yourself
Matter fact, take yourself outside your body
And then look at yourself
And see how you playing yourself"

This lyric here spoke to me. We tend to get lost in the world and don't evaluate ourselves. You always have to go back and talk to yourself about the decisions you make and evaluate how you move around the world.

6. Ariana Grande - fake smile

“I can’t fake another smile I can’t fake like I’m alright... and i won’t say I’m feeling fine, after what i been though, i can’t lie...”

I felt what she was expressing. I’m fine with showing this frown because yes it’s okay to show it and yes I’ve been through some things. I can’t fake another smile anymore!