Lucky Tune, My Horse

Lucky Tune, My Horse

Lucky is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

12
Lucky Tune, My Horse
Personal

Before anyone thinks this is a sappy love note for the guy in my life that I am dating and how he "is the love of my life," I am stopping you right there. This is not a story about how a guy came into my life and changed my world, I don't have a boyfriend. This love of my life is my horse, Lucky. Other "horse girls" will get it. I hope people will better understand how important my horse is to me and it isn't just a "silly hobby."

The love I have for my horse is the purest kind of love, like a mother has for her child. Lucky is my world, my everything. Without him, I feel like I would be nothing, empty. I hands down would and do put him before myself. My world revolves around him so I do not feel like I ever miss out on anything. I love being at the barn hours to take care of him, ride, and clean all of his tack. I would rather spend all day, every day and plan to do that than do anything else. The barn is my home, especially with my horse by my side.

You're probably asking yourself, "why put in all that work and "love" a horse that doesn't know who you are?" People that ask that question do not see or experience what I do and often will never understand how wrong they are. I am certain Lucky knows who I am and that he does love me. He always puts his ears up when he sees me and he gives me a hug- he will wrap his head and neck around me and in a sense hold me towards his shoulder. Lucky does this very gently as to not hurt me and he is showing me how much he cares for me. When he gives me his horse hug, I never want that to end because I feel so happy and complete.

I know I have a powerful bond with this amazing creature that is 1400 pounds and 17'2 hands tall- which is about 5'8" at the top of his shoulder. Out of all the horses in the world, I found one to bond with. I know it can't happen often which proves how more special he is to me.

We are also a team. Lucky trusts me as much as I trust him. I know he trusts me because he does whatever I ask, not tell, him to do and he does it without questioning. It can be a huge, scary jump and if I tell Lucky that we are going over it, he will do it. When I am not too confident, I know Lucky will try his best to do his job and keep me safe. There are many times where he could have spooked or I came off and it could have gone very wrong but it didn't.

Lucky is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would not trade him for billions of dollars. If anyone would ever try to come between my horse and me, they'd be gone in a heartbeat. He is my priority, my life. Go ahead and tell me I am exaggerating, but I know that means nothing because people saying that have not experienced the secret bond a girl has with her horse. Lucky is the love of my life, for the rest of my years.