15 Times Haley/Lucas Proved Girls & Guys Can Be JUST Friend

Throughout the nine seasons of "One Tree Hill," Lucas Scott and Haley James Scott were best friend goals. They are one of my favorite friendships on the show, and always will be. Lucas and Haley showed that boys and girls can, in fact, be just friends. Here are fifteen times they showed it.

1. When Lucas put his feelings towards Nathan aside when Nathan and Haley started dating

Lucas hated Nathan at the beginning of the series, and at first, didn't want them to date. But he wanted Haley to be happy and knew that Nathan made her. So, Lucas put his feelings aside to support his best friend.

2. They were a 100% themselves around each other

They loved each other for who they were, and they could always be themselves around one another without the fear of being judged.

3. When Lucas gave Haley away

It was Lucas who gave Haley away at her wedding which is one of my favorite moments of their friendship. It was so sweet, and a great moment between them.

4. When Lucas was the best uncle to Jamie

He was the best uncle to James Lucas Scott. Lucas was always there for Jamie, got him the best presents, and loved him so much.

5. When Lucas came back in season nine to be there for Haley

When Nathan went missing, Jamie went to go live with Lucas and Peyton during that period. We only saw Lucas for one scene, but he was there for Haley throughout the entire scene.

6. When Haley was there for Lucas during his heart condition

When Lucas found out that he had a heart condition, and didn't know whether he could play basketball or not, Haley was there for him.

7. When Haley was there for Lucas after his breakup with Lindsey

After Lucas and Lindsey ended up not getting married, Haley was there for Lucas the entire time.

8. Haley was there for Lucas after he lost his Uncle Keith

When Keith died, I cried. He was one of my favorite characters, and his death was hard to see. Keith meant a lot to people, and even though it was hard for Haley as well, Haley was there for Lucas as he mourned the loss of his Uncle.

9. Haley was there for Lucas while Peyton was pregnant

Peyton went through a difficult pregnancy, and it wasn't easy for her or Lucas. Haley was there for both of them through the entire time.

10. When they wrote letters every year before the school started

I love this tradition, and I hope that I can do this with my friends. Maybe not before the school year starts, but maybe every new year we could do it. I love how Lucas and Haley would go on the roof before every school year without fail, and would write down their thoughts on how the school year would go.

11. They had their own hang out on the roof where they would go

They had a mini golf area and lights everywhere. It was a pretty sweet hang out, not going to lie. They would go up there all the time, and even after they graduated high school, the tree hill gang would find themselves up there once and awhile to talk out stuff and gain perspective.

12. They had their ups and down, but at the end of the day, they were best friends

And no one could get in the way of that.

13. They might not have seen eye to eye, but at the end of the day, they had each other’s backs

They would never stay mad at each other for long. They would always talk to each other, apologize, and move on. They would always listen to each other, and help each other understand.

14. They were not afraid to call each other out

They were not afraid to put each other in check when one of them was out of line.

15. They would always love each other

No matter what.

Haley and Lucas were always there for one another. They wanted each other to succeed, and be the best they could be. Haley and Lucas prove that a guy and a girl could be just friends. They never once had feelings for each other, and their relationship never became more than just friends. They are more like brother and sister than anything else. They are one of my favorite friends on the show and always will be.