Loveless in College-attle

Loveless in College-attle

Part Nine: Adulting yet again

118
Loveless in College-attle
daya e dodson

Week 9 is the start of Spring Break and a girl is happy! I'm not doing much to celebrate it like going anywhere extravagant but I'm just happy to be home and away from school work. I can finally relax to actually work on my side projects and listen to Frank Ocean all week. Besides getting to do that I have also been thrusted into adulthood again.

I have to find a job for the summer to pay the difference of my housing.

Question... why does college housing cost so much? Why? Someone... please... explain because I am distraught.

The problem with finding a job is that during my teenage years when I could have been working I was heavily involved in school extra curriculars and had no time what's so ever. A lot of these companies want people with work experience. I understand that but not everyone is going to have experience and half of the people on these jobs that do technically have the experience don't 100% know how to do the job accurately. You know if you're a doctor and all that, then that is another case but for regular jobs that just need someone who is dependable and hardworking it shouldn't make a difference if they have experience or not. JUST TEACH US... PLEASE.

So the first day I started my Spring break which was a Wednesday because what is class? Just kidding... go to class guys but really my classes got canceled. Anyway, I spent that whole entire day driving from two locations for two interviews. I was stuck in traffic basically the entire day as well. And while in the process of interviewing I noticed something. Interviewing has a really degrading feeling to it. It's like your literally begging someone to see how worthy and amazing you are and to accept you. And even when you have the credentials, half of the time it's all gets based off of things about you that are irrelevant to the job position.

It's so real weird shit guys.

I was so tired by the end of the day.

But after that the rest of the week lightened up. I spent time with my family on Easter which was great. I ate lots of mac and cheese, dressing, and collard greens because it's get thick season so you know. And as bothering as it was to get bombarded with questions from family members about boyfriends and if I was sexually active or not wasn't so bad either. Second question though... why do family members ask if your sexually active or not as if you are ever really going to answer that question or as if they really want to know that answer. Like come on girl.

Like honestly... WE WILL NEVER ANSWER THAT QUESTION

Now I have the house to myself and I just been vibing out. Working on projects gallore.

I am currently in the process of writing a short film to film with my friends in the summer and it has been really time consuming. I'm already at twenty-one pages and I still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of the entire film plot. Besides that I am super excited. Getting to eventually see my works on a bugger display is what keeps me going. The weather as well is finally cooperating because before spring was definitely not messing with us. However things as always by the graces of our dear lord... turn around.

Week 9 going into week 10 is a great breeze guys.