Mom, Thank You!

There’s only one person who has loved you all your life. There’s only one person who from the very second you started existing would do anything for you. There’s only one person who loved you before you even became ‘you’. That one person carried you before you entered the world and kept on carrying you, through the scraped knees, the mean girls, the stressful breakdowns, the broken hearts. She would take pieces of herself in order to piece you back together. She’s the first to believe in you, when no one else does and before even you do.

I can’t think of a single time where my mother wasn’t there for me. It never mattered how tired she was or if she was busy if I needed her she was there. She gets it, she gets me. I’ve tried to explain the way my head and heart works to plenty of people, but my mom is the only person who has ever accepted me fully and has ever come close to understanding. No matter what she’s doing or how tired she is, she puts her kids first.

With that, I want to start by telling you how thankful I am for you. I will never be able to say it enough; THANK YOU! Thank you for everything. I would not be who I am today without you. You fought for me, cried for me, and relentlessly love me. I know we aren't as close anymore but I also know that you will continue to do whatever it takes to make sure I, as well as the family, am taken care of.

I know that sometimes days go by and you feel unneeded or unwanted, but just know that your hard work and your dedication to the family does not go unnoticed. I think about how different things would be if you weren't the forgiving, gracious, and hard-working mother that you are now. You are the strongest woman I've ever met! You have sacrificed your life and your happiness to make sure the lives of your children were better. You are so full of the most pure form of love towards your children and it is the biggest blessing to be loved by you.

You loved me when my words and actions were completely unloveable; therefore, you taught me unconditional love. You hugged me and kissed me when I hurt you; and so, you taught me forgiveness. You believed in my unreachable dreams, you supported me, and you were always there for me. You taught me everything I know including loving myself. Thank you for always listening to my opinions and correcting me when I was wrong.

I know you didn't have much of a choice to put up with me, but the way you chose to do it was in the most loving way possible. It was clear to me that no matter what was going on in your heart; your children were your number one priority. You supported me and pushed me to be the better person. You motivated me to study and to become a good student. You have always found a way to provide even if that meant personal sacrifices. You showed me that it's okay to be myself and that I am the most beautiful me that I'll ever be. You always made sure that I was safe.

You have become my most dear and trusted friend and I am so thankful for you. I hope to be half the woman that you are. You are one classy woman and I hope that one day my daughters will look up to me like I look up to you. Thank you for constantly pushing yourself to be the best mother you can be. I love you, Mom!