11 Things That Happen When You've Loved The Same Boy For... A Long Time

It gets more fun every year.

10171
Emma Jones

I'm not gonna lie to you, I lucked out in this department. What can I say? Honestly, I don't advocate dating someone before you're in your last year of high school or beginning college because who needs that kind of heartbreak that early, but I'm a strong nonconformist and I broke my own rule. Here to tell the tale.

Here are a few of the entertaining things that happen when you've loved the same person for the better part of your teenage life.

1. You don't know who is cute and who isn't anymore.

People I hang out with always talk about people they think are cute and if we're being honest, I'm not really sure who's cute and who isn't anymore.

2. People ask you how long you've been together and the details are a little foggy.

How long have we been together? Um... some years/months/days I don't know I stopped counting. I can tell you how long our Snapchat streak is if that helps.

3. One of you glows up and the other... stays the same.

I didn't win on this end. He did though so...I guess I'm happy for him.

Pictures for reference. 2013 vs. 2017. My hair changed. You have to give me that.

4. When you see pictures from the beginning of your relationship you're a little repulsed

5. People ask who you're dating, you tell them, and they say "OMG that's still going on???"

Yeah, girl. I'm here for a good time AND a long time.

6. "Don't you get bored of each other??"

One time we talked for 7 hours in a row. I'll let you figure the rest out.

7. Friends ask you for boy advice but you don't know anything about boys

How do you know if a boy likes you? First dates? Meeting the parents? I got nothing I barely even remember what I ate for breakfast.

8. "How do you know they aren't talking to someone else behind your back?"

Okay, this one used to bother me, but why would someone stay with me this long if they didn't have to. I'm a handful.

9. It gets more fun each year.

Adventure is out there. I wouldn't enjoy it half as much without my adventure buddy.

10. You have endless amounts of blackmail-worthy embarrassing stories.

Every once and a while you're like "hey, remember when..." and he's like ^.

11. Most of the nervousness goes away

I used to be nervous to eat/sleep/exist in front of my boyfriend. Now, working on six years later, I have no cares.