10 Mushy Gushy Signs You Are Head Over Heels, Butterflies In Tummy, Totally In Love With Virginia Tech

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi, Tech Tech VPI.

184
Olivia Scherzer

I read an article, "10 Mushy Gushy Signs You Are Head Over Heels, Butterflies in Tummy, Totally in Love." I can't really relate because I don't have a BF but I know what it feels like to be in love because well, I'm in love with my school.

My second home.

Virginia Tech, this is for you.

1. Blacksburg has turned into a second home.

Sure leaving your hometown is sad and all, but Virginia Tech and the Blacksburg community has turned into a second home. The restaurants are your hangout spots. The Drillfield is the place to "tan." Even the bars are well-known. Your friends are there for you, no matter what.

2. "Old Hokie" is constantly playing over and over in your head.

HOKIE HOKIE HOKIE HI, TECH TECH VPI, SOLA-REX SOLA-RAH, POLYTECH VIRGINIA, RAH RAH VPI!!!!

TEAM TEAM TEAM!

Literally every Hokie's anthem. On game days, you just KNOW that all of Lane Stadium is chanting this every time we get a down.

3. The beautiful mountains and hills give you butterflies.

How can the mountains not just make you stop and appreciate God's creation? Whether you live in Maple Ridge and can see the beautiful sunset hitting the mountains or you live on the fifth floor of Newman Library and see the hills on the opposite side, any view of the mountains from VT is truly breathtaking.

4. Every time you walk past the memorial and Burruss, you tear up a little bit.

As I'm walking to catch the HXP in front of Burruss Hall, a sense of pride and home hits me every time I walk in front of the memorial. I think of the 32 Hokies that lost their lives that day. While those 32 Hokies are sitting up in heaven trying to explain what a Hokie is, I stand here proud to be nothing else but a Hokie.

5. You want to run up and pet Growley every time you see him.

Because hands down Growley is the best dog at Virginia Tech. The Corps of Cadet official mascot is hands down the best dog at Virginia Tech. He's the most adorable and loyal.

6. You make conversation with any Hokie.

Standing in line at Qdoba, after class with your professor, or your group project. No matter who it is, everyone is nice to each other.

7. When you go back home, all you can talk about is how much you miss Virginia Tech.

All your friends are annoyed that all you seem to talk about is how many friends you made at your new school, the clubs you're in, or the number of times you eat Qdoba in a week. You might lose those friends, but at least you still have Virginia Tech.

8. You hate the weather but you still participate in the Annual Snowball Fight.

Snow in March? What is this blasphemy? All you want when it snows in March is to curl up in your room and protest Blacksburg weather — but let's be real, you're going to pummel some cadets in the Cadets vs. Civilians Snowball Fight that happens on the first snowfall. On anyone's snap story you can find someone complaining about Blacksburg weather.

9. You actually look forward to Tim Sands's emails.

Nothing but respect for MY president. I know his emails are probably heavily edited by public relations professionals and speech writers, but still, when I get that email in my inbox from Tim Sands I do a little dance.

10. You would do college all over again if you could.

You would go to Virginia Tech forever and ever if you really chose to. Sure, tuition prices are increasing but c'mon who wouldn't go to this school???