10 Poems About Love That You're Sure to Love

10 Poems About Love That Will Have Your Heart Melting

Love Love Love

32
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkdEm2GFJr9/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ox5lu0yphpre

There is a lot of beautiful poetry that will make you want to fall in love. Here are 10 best poems that will make your heart throb:

1. "When You Come" by Maya Angelou

When you come to me, unbidden,

Beckoning me
To long-ago rooms,
Where memories lie.

Offering me, as to a child, an attic,
Gatherings of days too few.
Baubles of stolen kisses.
Trinkets of borrowed loves.
Trunks of secret words,

I CRY.

2. "Take, O Take" by William Shakespeare 

TAKE, O take those lips away That so sweetly were forsworn, And those eyes, the break of day, Lights that do mislead the morn: But my kisses bring again, Bring again— Seals of love, but seal'd in vain, Seal'd in vain!

3. "Love Within a Storm" by Tupac Shakur 

We made love within a storm
in the midst of passion and chaos
somewhere, somehow our true bond
of friendship was lost

In the eye of the storm
The rain always falls harder
Those who prevail this trauma
will learn 2 bring their love farther

But now the storm has passed
and the seas of our friendship R calm
But as long as I live I will remember
the Love within the storm

4. "How Do I Love Thee?" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

5. "Wishing Stars" by Lang Leav

I still search for you in crowds,

in empty fields
and soaring clouds.

In city lights
and passing cars,
on winding roads
and wishing stars.

I wonder where
you could be now,
for years I've not said
your name out loud.

And longer since
I called you mine---
time has passed
for you and I.

But I have learnt
to live without,
I do not mind---
I still love you anyhow.

6. "Bright Star" by John Keats

Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art–
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors–
No–yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever–or else swoon to death.

7. "A Red, Red Rose" by Robert Burns

O my Luve is like a red, red rose That's newly sprung in June; O my Luve is like the melody That's sweetly played in tune.

So fair art thou, my bonnie lass, So deep in luve am I; And I will luve thee still, my dear, Till a' the seas gang dry.
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear, And the rocks melt wi' the sun; I will love thee still, my dear, While the sands o' life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only luve! And fare thee weel awhile! And I will come again, my luve, Though it were ten thousand mile.

8. "The Kiss" by Sara Teasdale

Before you kissed me only winds of heaven Had kissed me, and the tenderness of rain— Now you have come, how can I care for kisses Like theirs again? I sought the sea, she sent her winds to meet me, They surged about me singing of the south— I turned my head away to keep still holy Your kiss upon my mouth. And swift sweet rains of shining April weather Found not my lips where living kisses are; I bowed my head lest they put out my glory As rain puts out a star. I am my love's and he is mine forever, Sealed with a seal and safe forevermore— Think you that I could let a beggar enter Where a king stood before?

9. "Untitled' by Rupi Kaur

Love will come and when love comes, love will hold you. Love will call your name and you will melt sometimes though. Love will hurt you but love will never mean to. Love will play no games cause love knows life has been hard enough already.

10. "To Be In Love" by Gwendolyn Brooks

To be in love
Is to touch with a lighter hand.
In yourself you stretch, you are well.
You look at things
Through his eyes.
A cardinal is red.
A sky is blue.
Suddenly you know he knows too.
He is not there but
You know you are tasting together
The winter, or a light spring weather.
His hand to take your hand is overmuch.
Too much to bear.
You cannot look in his eyes
Because your pulse must not say
What must not be said.
When he
Shuts a door-
Is not there_
Your arms are water.
And you are free
With a ghastly freedom.
You are the beautiful half
Of a golden hurt.
You remember and covet his mouth
To touch, to whisper on.
Oh when to declare
Is certain Death!
Oh when to apprize
Is to mesmerize,
To see fall down, the Column of Gold,
Into the commonest ash.

Poems about love will make you melt and even if you are in love or not, poems like these will take your breath away.