6 Spoken Word Poems That Will Make You Believe In Love

I swear, I'm not a love poet.

10638
Pexels.com

Writers have been trying to put love into several different perspectives. Whether it's a novel format or through sonnets, love has been a topic that writers have been trying to get perfectly right since the beginning of time. One form that I'm particularly fond of is spoken word poetry. Spoken word poetry is kind of like the baby of theatre and writing. A writer goes on stage and recites their work with conviction and emotion. It's truly a beautiful thing to watch, and I think this form of poetry really helps people catch onto poetry even if they weren't particularly interested in it before. For the month of February, I've decided to focus on love poems. So without any further ado, these are my favorite spoken word love poems!

1. When Love Arrives by Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye

This poem is a beautiful duet between Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye. They both talk about their experiences with love, and how it can arrive in the most unexpected of places.

2. How to Love Your Introvert by Kevin Yang

Figuring out introverts can be kind of challenging, but I think Kevin explains this in a pretty beautiful way.

3. Crushes Suck and Everybody Knows It by Dominique Christina

This poem definitely reminds me of my very first crush. Even your first heartbreak can lead to finding the most important love of all: the love you have for yourself.

4. OCD by Neil Hilborn

If you have ever said, "I am so OCD!" please watch this and reconsider your word choice. This poem is not only completely heartbreaking, but Neil Hilborn brings a new perspective to OCD and how it affects relationships.

5. To The Boys Who May One Day Date My Daughter by Jesse Parent

This poem is so cute. If you want to read something that will make you smile, please watch this.

6. Love Poem Medley by Rudy Francisco

This is the love poem to end all love poems. Rudy Francisco has been one of my favorite spoken word poets simply because he is so passionate about his words. Each metaphor leaves me in awe, and I hope you like it too!