Love & My Little Brother

If you know me, you know that I consider my little brother one of my best friends. I sometimes choose to spend time hanging out with him over people my own age. There is something about him and the way he loves others that is so admirable. He turned 12 this past week and with every birthday, my heart breaks more and more at the idea of him being my not so little brother. There are so many reasons I love him but here are just a few:

1.He makes me laugh.

Yes, I find myself laughing at him more than I do other people. He knows just when to say something and makes everyone around him laugh.

2.He is himself.

He does not care what others think of him.

3.He gives the best hugs.

I get teary at the idea that one day he will be “too cool” to hug his big sister.

4.He is always willing to watch movies and eat candy with me.

He even watches Hallmark movies with me (that’s love.)

5.He is my biggest fan.

He is always cheering me on in anything that I choose to do.

6.He is the definition of unconditional love.

I mess up and I am no perfect sister. But, he gives me grace and loves me through whatever it may be, even when I don’t deserve it.

7.He is always willing to be my partner in crime.

Whether it is pulling a prank on our parents or going on an adventure, he is there.

Taylor Swifts’ song “Never Grow Up” comes to mind when I think about my little brother and the idea that he is growing up into a little man. I can’t stop it but I can hope and pray he holds on to all the things he has become in the last 12 years. It is such a blessing to be his sister and to have him as a forever friend.