A Thank You Letter To My Friends

A Thank You Letter To My Friends

Thank you for being you.

149
Tingting Bi

To my friends:

Thank you for always being there for me. Whether you live in the same building as me or across the country, I know that you will drop whatever you are doing so you can help me.

Thank you for understanding me. While I can talk to my family about things, they still live over 2000 miles away. Advice just is not the same through the phone. You guys are the ones who can relate the most and truly understand. My parents, who have never attended an undergraduate college in America, can not relate to the college experiences that we go through. You guys are my go-tos whenever I need someone to vent to, seek relationship advice, or just want to joke around with. Thank you for being always a text message or Facetime phone call away.

Thank you for being my study, gym and shopping buddy. Thank you for always being willing to go out and eat Chinese food or get gourmet ice cream with me. Thank you for watching out for me at frat parties and making sure that I am okay. I love and treasure the thousands of memories that we have made from TV/movie marathons to spontaneous adventures in downtown Phoenix or Atlanta.

Thank you for never failing to cheer me up when I feel down.

Seeing you guys after a long day of classes always brighten my day and makes me forget about all the work there is to do. I am always the happiest when I am around you guys.

Thank you for always making me laugh. I love looking at the weird memes we tag each other in on Facebook, the sleep-deprived Snapchats we send each other, and the funny photos that we take.

Thank you for always putting up with me. Thank you for never judging me when I am being too dramatic or overreacting in situations. Thank you for always telling me when I am overthinking or over analyzing interactions.

Thank you for supporting me through all of my decisions, whether or not you agree with them. I appreciate it when you point out my mistakes and look out for me. Thank you for telling me the truth, whether it is hard to hear. Thank you for wanting the best for me and help shaping me into the person that I am today. Thank you for always being such good influences on me. Furthermore, thank you for never ever giving up on me. You guys help make me a stronger person.

Most importantly, thank you for letting me be me. I feel comfortable being around you and never feel vulnerable. I trust you guys completely and feel like I can tell you guys almost anything. I never have to pretend to be someone that I am not. Sometimes, you guys know me better than I know myself.

Lastly, thank you for being you. Each and every one of you have made my life a little bit more perfect. I love you all.