12 Things I Love About Living Off-Campus

12 Things I Love About Living Off Campus

Off-campus life is the best life.

76
Raven Bowman

A lot of people believe living off campus is too expensive. I have found that if you have a roommate and just split the cost, it is significantly cheaper than living in the dorms. The dorms are too crowded and you don't even have your own bathroom. Life is what you make it and I want to live my life off-campus.

Pets

Who doesn't want a snuggle buddy.

No visitation hours

If you want to have your friend stay the night, you don't have to have them fill out a form 48 hours prior.

You can live with your boyfriend

My college does not have co-ed living arrangements.

It is cheaper

After splitting the rent with my boyfriend, the cost was much cheaper compared to living on campus.

You have your own kitchen

You get to make any kind of food you want. You can have a stove and not have to use a microwave for all food.

You have freedom

You can do what you want (within reason) and not have to worry about your neighbors really complaining.

Showering is peaceful

You can shower in your own bathroom! You don't have to see all the leftover hair other people left in the shower before you.

Less social interaction

No need to wake up to and see 5 other girls before your morning pee and being forced to say good morning.

Driving to class

You can park in the areas designated for commuter students.

You don't have to move out for the summer

You can stay there every day if you want!

You can decorate how you please

And keep it up all year if you want.

No fire drills

Which means you can actually sleep at night.

After living in my apartment for almost a year, I am so glad that I took the chance because it is one of the best things I have done for myself. I am also glad that I don't have to move my stuff out every year, I can just focus on finals.