Love Letter To Pure Barre

Love Letter To Pure Barre

26
Love Letter To Pure Barre

At the beginning of the summer, I convinced myself I was going to get in shape. Originally, I thought, “Yes, Crossfit is for me,” and then I came to and realized I was out of my mind. I’ve never been an athlete, never been in shape, and most certainly have never been intense enough for something like Crossfit, not that it’s not great for the people who do it.

Instead of submitting myself to bruised and bleeding shins, I made the greatest decision of my athletic career and signed up for Pure Barre. Pure Barre is a workout class that is all one level so you decide where you’re at during each class, while only using your own body, a light set of weights, a ball, and a ballet barre to lift, tone, and burn your muscles. After two months, I am hooked and feel better than ever.

Pure Barre is my escape. It’s the hour to myself during the day. It helps me relax and sweat out the stress of life out. It takes my mind off of whatever is going on at home or work. Being able to focus all of my attention to small areas of my body for an entire hour is extremely calming, organized, and therapeutic. I’ve seen the shrinks and taken the meds, but nothing has put my mind to rest like Pure Barre.

Pure Barre makes me feel proud of myself. It makes me say, “Hell, yeah!” when I can feel myself planking for longer periods of time. Pure Barre has enabled me to lift boxes and bags that I would have previously slid across the floor. It makes my butt look more like two cantaloupes rather that four watermelons. It has made my jeans actually feel good to put on and made me want to throw out all of my sorority shirts because you can’t see my flat(ish) stomach in them.  

Pure Barre instills self-confidence no matter your age, weight, or athletic ability. I danced until I was 14, and there are grannies in every class who consistently show me up. There are people in there just for fun. I mean, they’ve got to be because they look like a piece of asparagus. There are people who are trying to develop their best selves. Pure Barre is the perfect outlet for all of these people.

Pushing yourself to the shaking point and changing your muscles during each workout of each class keeps Pure Barre challenging and fun. No two classes are the same, and the workouts and routines are constantly changing, allowing you to easily start LTBing at any point and keeping it interesting for the veterans.

The other day, I overheard a woman in my class tell the instructor, “My daughter asked why I always go to Pure Barre, and I said, “because it makes Mommy happy.”’ Pure Barre has taught me to be more positive with my thoughts and more graceful in my actions. The positive and encouraging dispositions of the instructors and staff members make entering the studio comforting, and after your first few classes, it will feel like a home-away-from-home. I don’t know how I would have survived this summer without the confidence and happy feelings Pure Barre gave me.  I love you, Pure Barre. 

XOXO and LTB.