Take This Quick Quiz To Learn What Your Love Language Is, And How Understanding It Can Strengthen Your Relationships

Experts say your love language is based off of what you feel you didn't get as a child, and I couldn't agree more

19
Edward Eyer from Pexels

The Five Love Languages

The 5 Love Languages were theoreticized by Dr. Gary Chapman, a marriage counselor, to help people better understand what makes them feel loved. Knowing your love language not only improves your romantic relationship, but also your relationships with friends and family since it really makes a difference for everyone to know the best ways to show your love for each other. The 5 Love Languages are Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch and are pretty self-explanatory, but here's a quiz to help you out.

What's your love language? Take the quiz!

1. What makes you feel happier?

A. Cuddling with your boyfriend/girlfriend

B. A cute text about how much they love you

C. They mow your lawn before you wake up for the day

D. They mail you expensive jewelry every week

2. What would you rather have for your birthday?

A. Your boyfriend/girlfriend surprises you with a brand new Applewatch

B. They book a spa day for you and do all your chores/work at home

C. A family heirloom that means the world to them

D. They give you a Swedish massage

E. They tell you they love you for the first time while you're just watching a movie together

3. Which scenario would be the most upsetting?

A. Your boyfriend/girlfriend texts you good morning daily, but cancelled on your plans for a weekend getaway

B. They constantly buy you flowers, but rarely tell you how much they love you. They prefer to show their love

4. Where would you go if you could go anywhere, paid for by your s/o?

A. Travel solo to Bora Bora, because they only have enough for one ticket and it's your trip

B. Choose to go somewhere in the Caribbean together, because being together and having quality time matters more than traveling to a luxury destination

C. You'd rather just stay home and spend quality time with them instead of traveling

5. What's your idea of a perfect day off from work?

A. Just staying in and cuddling with your boyfriend/girlfriend

B. They order you breakfast in bed from your favorite breakfast diner

C. They surprise you with a bunch of fresh flowers they cut themselves from around your neighborhood (A for effort)

D. They give you a beautiful poem about their devotion to you

Calculate Your Results Below:

1. Words of Affirmation: B, E, A, skip #4, D

2. Acts of Service: C, B, B, A, skip #5

3. Receiving gifts: D, A, B. skip #4, B

4. Quality Time: A, E, B, B, A

5. Physical Touch: A, D, skip #3, C, A